Houston, We Have Rule Changes! The Official 2023 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude in the thumbnail (Antonio Padilla) was making $45k per yr and after the Astros got paid their playoff shares he got paid 10x his salary with $450k. Not a single person in here wouldn’t have done the exact same thing :pachaha:
Doesn’t make it right tho.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
lmao at it being all on Beltran, nikkas will do anything to rehabiliate the astros. they swear altuve didnt cheat based on words of other cheaters but act like its proof

beltran was the scapegoat theres no way i believe some bench player was the one doing it all and nobody really suffered outside of beltran, astros got a slap on the wrist if that, cora was managing again etc
Look at the trash can usage stats, Altuve was at the bottom of the list with like 3% usage. It was basically Marwin Gonzales who needed it the most and he was a role player :heh:

And yeah I think it was on Beltran, he knew he didn’t have anything left in the tank but could influence the team enough to make sure he ended his career getting at least 1 ring.

Hopefully we get a rematch against the Dodgers and we can put this argument to bed forever :ufdup:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps

nope :sas1:but you are

Stay out my alerts
jCp0GGj.png

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really.
It’s just Seager, Lowe and to a lesser degree Semien.

Everyone else is about average offensively. Even Adolis Garcia and Heim, who have power, won’t do all that great over the full season.

Texas won’t be bad.
But they aren’t a contender or anything.
I posted this on April 30, 2023.

I clearly underestimated how good Adolis Garcia would be this season.
The Rangers are currently up 8-2 over Houston in Game 7 of the ALCS.

I maintain that this wasn't a particularly elite team this season. They only won 90 games and most of the roster performed as expected. I DID NOT anticipate Evan Carter being an absolute monster as a late-season call up though.

In any case, the Rangers are about to go to the World Series so this is one L I am going to take.

Cheers, Texas fans.

:ehh: