How are we ranking “Mr Robot” as an all-time show? Top 5?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Shield are my Top 5 but this is easily within 10. Esmail's direction was insane. I've been trying to enjoy Malek in other projects, but this is really the only thing I've liked him in so far.

Show was an absolute game-changer for the USA Network. They were running on fumes with the whole "Characters Welcome" branding, with a lot of their flagship shows being dramedies that were laidback and easy to watch. AMC had Breaking Bad/Mad Men, FX had The Americans, and USA didn't really have anything on the scope of those programs. Got the sense they were in search of a show to really catapult their programming to another level. Fortunately, this banger happens to premiere just around the time and the rest is history.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's a cult classic for me. I'm not sure the ratings without looking them up but it doesn't feel like it had any resonance or staying power and I never hear anyone mention itanymore. But definitely a coli classic

Last edited:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Not even in my top 10, could be top 25. Season 1 was all I recall.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Top 5 for me. Up there with Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Dark, and then I'd have to think about what the other top five pick would be.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I loved the experience going through the show and the suspense of what was going to happen. But after the reveal in the finale, how can you rewatch the show again with the same enthusiasm?

Can't deny it's greatness, but I didn't like the ending.