How Different Would Wilder And Fury’s Career Be If Fury Never Got Up Off The Canvas In Fight 1?

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand why Deontay feels so much bitterness toward Fury. Fury was supposed to be an easy leverage fight for Joshua. He didn’t have to take that Fury fight at all. But by doing so he completed altered the course of his career. He’s lost his zero, his status, his belt and all the big money fights that come with. All of a “tuneup fight” I’ve even heard people saying he’s no longer a HOF candidate

But in that first fight it looked for a second that he was about to “Ortiz” his way out of it. What happens to Wilder if Fury does indeed stay down? Does he still give Fury a rematch? Or does he move on to that big money Joshua fight? And what does Fury do? Is he still in the mix? Or does he fade back into obscurity?

Fury and Wilder truly changed to course of history:ohhh:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
if fury was counted out

Wilder's reign would have a lineal claim to it and a new best career opponent he had defeated...Wilder-Joshua negotiations would become even more difficult

Fury who knows....he would still be a wildcard but i assume the rematch clause would make him fight again. He would probably make the switch to Sugar Hill sooner

• Dap
Reactions: ade

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Wilder would have had a lot more leverage in making the fight 50/50 or as close to it as possible. But Fury and his heart changed all of that.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
He was never a HOF candidate. Even beating Fury would come with an asterisk that could only be cleared with a rematch.

that he would lose anyway.

truthfully Wilder lost to Fury 3 times. That’s the biggest issue here.

he should’ve ducked the Fury rematch the first time. But he’s too in love with the right hand.

Look at the arrogance:

he landed his best shot against Fury twice and didn’t knock him out. Lost every other round and went the distance.

now instead of thinking man I need to do something else to get Fury out here. Gain some weight, try to soften him up another way and improve his skills slightly. He goes into fight 2 lighter than fight 1. He’s going with the exact gameplan. Gets battered as Fury switches his gameplan up.

fight 3 - tries body shots for 2 rounds then goes back to what he knows best.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was never a HOF candidate. Even beating Fury would come with an asterisk that could only be cleared with a rematch.

he should’ve ducked the Fury rematch the first time. But he’s too in love with the right hand.

Look at the arrogance:

he landed his best shot against Fury twice and didn’t knock him out. Lost every other round and went the distance.

now instead of thinking man I need to do something else to get Fury out here. Gain some weight, try to soften him up another way and improve his skills slightly. He goes into fight 2 lighter than fight 1. He’s going with the exact gameplan. Gets battered as Fury switches his gameplan up.

you sir have won this thread, congrats

this is exactly what it is. his boxing IQ is TRASH. the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, wilder just doesn't learn

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
if fury was counted out

Wilder's reign would have a lineal claim to it and a new best career opponent he had defeated...Wilder-Joshua negotiations would become even more difficult

Fury who knows....he would still be a wildcard but i assume the rematch clause would make him fight again. He would probably make the switch to Sugar Hill sooner

I may be mistaken but I don't think there was a rematch clause for that first fight.

The first fight, since it was a draw with the majority thinking that Fury outpointed Wilder, Wilder wanted to run it back immediately but Fury signed that ESPN/Top Rank deal off of what he did in that first fight with Wilder. And smartly his new handlers advised Fury not to fight Wilder again right away and get in some more tune up fights. Which is why the Schwartz and the Wallin fights happened and ultimately his switch in trainers from Ben Davison to Sugar Hill.

I remember Wilder's side was pissed but that was the smartest move Fury ever did cause there would likely have been no switch to Sugar Hill from Ben Davison if he fought Wilder again immediately.

That Kronk philosophy really was the best approach to definitively beating Wilder.... without it, I really don't think we would have a clue on how Fury fares against Wilder in Part two or if there was a part three.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
If Fury was knocked out in that first fight

One thing is for sure, Fury likely wouldn't have gotten that massive ESPN/Top Rank deal.

And I think Wilder, as the WBC and lineal title holder, would still be a polarizing figure in boxing circles with the Wilder supporters saying he beat the man who beat the man along the heavyweight champions lineage and the Wilder detractors saying he still can't box and beat a :flabbynsick: Tyson Fury and was gonna lose to that version of Fury if not for that 12th round knock out.

AJ's team would have tried their hardest to set up that superfight with Wilder but Wilder's team would have given them an Eff you caused by bad blood from the previous failed negotiations in 2018.

Wilder would have maybe faced Breazeale and then definitely faced Ortiz again. Same results.

AJ would have shyt the bed in MSG against Ruiz. Reclaimed his belts against Ruiz in Saudi Arabia.

Wilder at this point would have foolishly fought Fury again and then Fury under Sugar Hill would have given him his first L by a similar demolishing as in real life Wilder Fury 2 with Fury claiming the WBC title and reclaiming the lineal title from Wilder

Same thing would ve happened with Wilder's excuses and accusations with him exercising his rematch clause.

COVID 19 happens causing delays and postponements of Wilder FURY III

Fury would have tried to set up the super fight with AJ ignoring Wilder. More outrage in this hypothetical scenario than in the real life buildup to Wilder Fury 3 with this move by Fury cause Wilder legitimately beat him in the first fight.

Same arbitration outcome forcing Fury to fight Wilder

Same outcome with hypothetical Wilder vs Fury 3 as last saturday's outcome in real life

:manny:

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may be mistaken but I don't think there was a rematch clause for that first fight.

The first fight, since it was a draw with the majority thinking that Fury outpointed Wilder, Wilder wanted to run it back immediately but Fury signed that ESPN/Top Rank deal off of what he did in that first fight with Wilder. And smartly his new handlers advised Fury not to fight Wilder again right away and get in some more tune up fights. Which is why the Schwartz and the Wallin fights happened and ultimately his switch in trainers from Ben Davison to Sugar Hill.

I remember Wilder's side was pissed but that was the smartest move Fury ever did cause there would likely have been no switch to Sugar Hill from Ben Davison if he fought Wilder again immediately.

That Kronk philosophy really was the best approach to definitively beating Wilder.... without it, I really don't think we would have a clue on how Fury fares against Wilder in Part two or if there was a part three.

:ehh:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if fury was counted out

Fury very well may have gone back into depression never to be heard from again if he loses that first fight by KO.

He also very well may have came back in a rematch and knocked Deontay out in a second fight. Hard to tell with that guy.

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Look at the arrogance:

Actually he was a lot heavier in fight 2.
In fight 1 he was 212
In fight 2 he was 231

He needed the extra weight because Fury would do a lot of holding and leaning and things that would wear you down in a fight. He also felt he needed to be stronger so when he landed fury wouldn’t be getting up like the last time.

What he should have accounted for was that he was getting hit at will by fury and he needed to tighten up his defense. His stamina was also terrible and of course he doesn’t have the footwork to actually have Fury moving.