Ali Explains How He Mixes for Kendrick Lamar

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I got an artist who EP about to drop sometime in April. Was in the studio last night to start the mixing process. I sit with the engineer during the recording and mixing process. That shyt is boring. Everyone else be sleep. But somebody gotta be like nikka them adlibs are slightly too high, or can you try some delay instead of reverb on the in and outs.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Because, how many beats have you heard that turns out you only liked because of manipulation? Like I said, deep when you think about it.
How would you know you liked the beat because of manipulation if you were manipulated?
These niqqas names these days are bizarre to me.

I had to read the thread title three times to decide what it was trying to say to me.

Your name is a phrase. Ordinarily names and phrases are two different things.

That's why there two different words.

Ideally all your words are representative of different things. Even words that 'mean the same thing' as other words are usually ever so slightly different. Like "scared" vs "terrified" vs "apprehensive".

If you're doing it right, all the sounds intended to be in your words will be represented by letters on the page, and the way your words are written will convey meaning immediately

AND

Your name will be understood clearly right away.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I think he’s talking about how in a lot of popular charting music you don’t really like the songs but you hear them enough and it’s almost like they control your mind to adapt to it, which is true, seeing as most high level entertainers worship the former minister of music in heaven but I digress. It’s actually as simple as making a hook that you can count to 4 with properly and saying something catchy
That got nothing to do with the mix, that got to do with payola and someone paying for them to push the song so heavily but even with that. If the song is completely trash it's not likely to stick. It has to at least be catchy or have a good beat.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I got an artist who EP about to drop sometime in April. Was in the studio last night to start the mixing process. I sit with the engineer during the recording and mixing process. That shyt is boring. Everyone else be sleep. But somebody gotta be like nikka them adlibs are slightly too high, or can you try some delay instead of reverb on the in and outs.
:russell:
i'd make 2 copies of the session then pretend i'm tweaking shyt and work on the real one when you leave.

:camby: