How will electric cars differ from other electric cars performance wise?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Outside of looks, what would be the difference between an electric Hellcat and Plaid S?

With ICE you got turbos, superchargers, RWD, AWD, different hp and torque curves. Some folks are raving about sports electric cars, but I don't see why.:patrice:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
It's already happening....

an IDE cant hold a candle to my Mach E

My Mach E can't hold a candle to the Mach E GT

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Outside of looks, what would be the difference between an electric Hellcat and Plaid S?

With ICE you got turbos, superchargers, RWD, AWD, different hp and torque curves. Some folks are raving about sports electric cars, but I don't see why.:patrice:
They accelerate with damn near zero lag and drive smooth.

Veteran
Daps
It's already happening....

an IDE cant hold a candle to my Mach E

My Mach E can't hold a candle to the Mach E GT

Of course, but I'm talking cars on the same level. And really your Mach E is just slower in a straight line, they most like do everything else the same performance wise

If an electric Hellcat and Plaid S got the same hp, torque, with AWD, what would be the difference performance wise? They'd feel the same and drive the same.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Of course, but I'm talking cars on the same level. And really your Mach E is just slower in a straight line, they most like do everything else the same performance wise

If an electric Hellcat and Plaid S got the same hp, torque, with AWD, what would be the difference performance wise? They'd feel the same and drive the same.
I believe electric cars handle better as well:yeshrug:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown

I would think that they would handle differently based on the different weights of the cars and where the battery is placed. I'd hope they'd keep working on technology to increase acceleration past 60 mph as well.

But to your point - I think the selling points might shift from solely performance metrics to other things that are common issues in EVs

Veteran
Daps
I would think that they would handle differently based on the different weights of the cars and where the battery is placed. I'd hope they'd keep working on technology to increase acceleration past 60 mph as well.

But to your point - I think the selling points might shift from solely performance metrics to other things that are common issues in EVs

Nah, it's all gone be the same. Battery placement won't mean much because of AWD and low center of gravity. And if you are selling performance cars, that's the basis of the conversation. You can't make an electric Hellcat and talk about everything else, the point of the Hellcat is performance

And there's really no point in faster acceleration. That's a boring 1 trick pony.