I’m high and I can’t make sense of programming software

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Interesting stuff. I would like to get back into coding. I remember doing some c+ and python back at ITT tech before I dropped out that expensive crap in 09.

How can a 30+ breh learn to code and get into the field without going back to a college?

I hear "certs" come up all the time here...

I have my A+ from years ago as well.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Interesting stuff. I would like to get back into coding. I remember doing some c+ and python back at ITT tech before I dropped out that expensive crap in 09.

How can a 30+ breh learn to code and get into the field without going back to a college?

Decide which languages

If c++ work through this book.

51KEqIsBa4L._SX370_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

For Java Vol1 and 2 of

41nMhEMODFL._SX380_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Java is a much longer path but is more in demand.

Python start here

51FD3C3kLiL._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Practice

1. Iterations lesson - Learn to Code - Codility

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
CPUs are made up of components called registers. CPUs have instruction sets that define a bunch of boolean logic behaviors that the CPU will execute. Register values are series 0s and 1s, off and on respectively, and loading certain registers with certain values yields different results. This whole concept forms the basics of programs - they're just sequences of instructions to be executed by the processor. Compilers are just programs that translate higher level languages into byte code and machine code. The machine code is literally represented in 0s and 1s. If you cared enough, you could write a program entirely in machine code, but it wouldn't be worth the trouble. The closest to that you'll see is assembler (ARM, MIPS, etc) that is more human readable but extremely low level in that you define each operation yourself. In a higher level language like Java, C, Python, that's all abstracted away from you.
Best explanation .

It's also why you can program in a higher level language like C++ and port that program to any hardware or system. Because the high level abstractions makes it where you don't care what a "program" is constructed of. You just care about the language syntax and the compiler determines how to translate that down to lower level code like assembly and eventually machine code (1's and 0's) for that particular system and related OS. In assembly, which is the closest to human readability you'll get to how a program is actually manipulated at a hardware level, you'll have to do commands like load register A0, Load Register B0, Add Register A0 and B0 and store the result in A0, etc. Very tedious form of programming. The compiler in higher level languages takes care of all that shyt where all you have to do is type A+B in the IDE and compiler does the rest.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

Just do online tutorials.

Also in college, we had to do assignments on this site a lot. It gives you problems to solve from very easy to very very hard timed assignment. Use it to develop your coding skills

Topcoder

Then go here after you register where you can go through all their past challenges and do them.
Topcoder Arena

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I was going to write a simple MIPS program but can't remember the registers and instructions :pachaha:. You haven't lived until you have to code fibonacci using only one register on your final, by hand, with only 20 minutes left :mjgrin:.

:mjcry: professor if you hate us just come out and say it, no need to traumatize people.
My program didn't have much assembly in it outside of one class in sophomore. Our Operating Systems course got us back down to a lower level but that was mainly in C and we were not able to use libraries and had to use built in system calls and shyt within the UNIX OS to perform actions:mjcry:

Is there a way to do a recursive algorithm in assembly with just one register to solve the Fibonacci sequence:dwillhuh:? I mean how the fukk would you do that? Don't you need to know the previous value to add it to the current value to get the next value and wouldn't that require two registers :mindblown:?

What was the solution? I'm actually curious now.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I couldn’t understand it sober so good luck understanding it blitzed. I never dropped out of a class/major that fast. shyt was too nerdy for me

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
My program didn't have much assembly in it outside of one class in sophomore. Our Operating Systems course got us back down to a lower level but that was mainly in C and we were not able to use libraries and had to use built in system calls and shyt within the UNIX OS to perform actions:mjcry:

Is there a way to do a recursive algorithm in assembly with just one register to solve the Fibonacci sequence:dwillhuh:? I mean how the fukk would you do that? Don't you need to know the previous value to add it to the current value to get the next value and wouldn't that require two registers :mindblown:?

I don't remember this was about 5 years ago. All I know is you had to keep pushing that stack pointer back like God did with LeBron's hairline. I don't think anyone came close to finishing that problem because the rest of the test was so difficult. He put multiple problems from every single concept we covered the term on there and we had less than 2 hours to get through it. Most people got hung up on converting instructions into machine code. The rest were struggling to build multiplexors and adders out of logic gates.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV

Store two values in one register. << >>

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I was going to write a simple MIPS program but can't remember the registers and instructions :pachaha:. You haven't lived until you have to code fibonacci using only one register on your final, by hand, with only 20 minutes left :mjgrin:.

:mjcry: professor if you hate us just come out and say it, no need to traumatize people.
Damn son, our professor at least gave us a take home.

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
3 years ago i never wrote a line of code in my life

On Monday I will be demo'ing an Augmented Reality app that i programmed with 3 peers

Dedication, hard work plus patience :blessed:

hatealot

Banned
Daps

If you are serious you can take a entry level java course that is in college level for free.

Look up Helsinki mooc for java. Object oriented programming
Its a legitimate online course from a university with lessons starting with the basic and you work your way up, there hundreds of projects you have to complete which are appropriately challenging .

For context ive taken basic java programming in college and this online course is prob harder and more intense. It will prob take you a few months to complete if you really starting from complete basics. Some of the projects will test you but they provide you with great documentation and explanation that you wont need to buy a book.

I personally think it might be the best java oop programming learning course online.