I Couldn’t Pay My Rent’: Mary J. Blige Reveals She Had to Go on Tour to Pay Alimony Following Divorc

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I love Mary but FOH.
She been milking this divorce for two albums now.
Track is weak, too

Mans was her husband and her manager. So his income was based on hers.
Managers generally get 15-20% on the deals they make for their clients.
That's how they get paid. Pure commission incentivizes them to make lucrative deals on the artist's behalf.
So she was gonna have to pay that man in a divorce, regardless.
She made sure to shyt on him publicly and that has an effect on his professional rep.

Where did her money really go?
Mary J. Blige owes $6.5million in taxes | Daily Mail Online
The constant message here is pay your taxes first if you're a celebrity. It seems you can fukk off on everything else except taxes. But nobody likes to pay them.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I love Mary but FOH.
She been milking this divorce for two albums now.
Track is weak, too

Mans was her husband and her manager. So his income was based on hers.
Managers generally get 15-20% on the deals they make for their clients.
That's how they get paid. Pure commission incentivizes them to make lucrative deals on the artist's behalf.
So she was gonna have to pay that man in a divorce, regardless.
She made sure to shyt on him publicly and that has an effect on his professional rep.

Where did her money really go?
Mary J. Blige owes $6.5million in taxes | Daily Mail Online

I really hope that when they were in court that this was his rebuttal to her claiming to be his lover and his secatary :pachaha:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is Mary bullshytting? She didn’t have money to pay her rent? She doesn’t own multiple homes/assets? Sounds like a way for her to get her payments lowered but I find it hard to believe that someone of her stature and career doesn’t have a few million banked (5-6 million bare minimum). I guess it is possible though and the celebrity life really just smoke and mirrors.

Bruh nasty tho for what he doing :mjlol: women do it everyday and it’s the norm but it just seems crazy when men do shyt like this but it’s the law :francis: men gotta deal with this shyt everyday.
Mary J is a singer and a part time actress, who was biggest in the 90s and early 2000s. How much money would you realistically expect for her to have made, and then have kept?

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I like her Come See video

Nice vibe on the beach like Everything

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Glad to see we’re one step closer to true gender equality. :blessed:

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Can you really complain when all you gotta do is go outside and do some fukking concerts whenever you wanna :unimpressed: She could literally stand on the corner with a microphone and folks will pay her:unimpressed: