I Got Two Questions For Christians Here. How Old Is Earth & How Can The Bible Be The Word Of God?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Who is THEY? :dahell:
Shamgar = "sword"
  1. son of Anath and a judge of Israel; with an ox-goad he slew 600 Philistines and delivered Israel

Genesis 4:23-24
23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
that all sounds well and good, but radiometric dating is built on a shaky assumption of where radioactive species come from as I said before

that assumption is "fusion" "within stars" which has not been replicated in a laboratory and is assumed to be the insides of celestial bodies. No one has tested those yet it is accepted as fact and taught in schools. Many would be out of a job if those theories were truly scrutinized.

I have a degree in chemical engineering and as a professional, I have run design of experiments more than most typical engineers as my focus was Quality and Manufacturing. I know how to design them, control them, and interpret them very well. As I said before radiation is a poorly understood field that has very little funding these days compared to other areas of science. Most of the work done in radiation was done in the 20s-60s and has largely died down in state funding globally let alone here in the US.

My reasons to doubt dating standards used above 100s of years (Which is comparison of half life curves in labs):
  • Many of these samples when tested on different dating methods are not even close to an agreement
  • There are other ways material can be turned into radioactive species (electric discharge, cataclysmic collisions, celestial collisions IE meteor strikes, etc OTHER than fusion)
  • Many of the assumed dates of materials are referenced from studies done in the 1800s before radioactive dating even existed.
  • Very few long natural half-lifed materials have been replicated in labs only synthetic ones.
there are many videos on youtube where you can test each of my points and find a few answers. You can stand by your beliefs as they don't bother me, but to assume it's a settled debate is foolish.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that everything you said here is true.

How does this prove a 6000 year old Earth?

Why not a 10K, 100K, or 1 million year old earth? And why should we take the Bible's numbers as accurate?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

Why not a 10K, 100K, or 1 million year old earth? And why should we take the Bible's numbers as accurate?

The bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 year old. That's just the time from when Adam sinned until the time that we are near now. It hasn't been 6000 years quite yet. It's getting close to 6000 years from that point. That's when man stepped down from his position and had to accept the fact that death is imminent.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

The Bible in no way states the ages of earth, just the ages of each generation from Adam to Noah.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
The real question is why do people who clearly don’t believe in God waste all of their time making threads trying to prove He doesn’t exist? You’re not going to start a move or change anybody‘s mind, and you’re not getting paid for it. Why not find something more constructive to do with your time?