I had no Damon Dash as my partner, Just maniacs, wish I had a Damon - Nas

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Nothing wrong with what I said at all.

nikkas that’s known for being weed heads are usually the nikkas that don’t have their affairs in order.

The nikkas in hip hop that don’t smoke (or didn’t on their come up) are usually the nikkas running shyt ie. Puff, Jay, 50, etc.

Even Dame didn’t start getting off point until he started smoking heavy after Aaliyah passed.

I know nikkas that still smoke heavily don’t want to hear it.

I get it, I used to be a weed head too.

I’ve actually given a lot of thought to this topic, and there’s a lot of truth to it.

Granted, there’s exceptions to everything (ie. Curren$y), but it’s hard to be about your business consistently when your head is in the clouds, your emotions are sporadic, and your priorities are fukked up.

So using your logic, nas is smoking WAY less now? N you have this info confirmed?
Because all he has done is quadruple his net worth n assets

Same for dr dre, snoop, ice cube, baby, master p.. you get the point

Your assumption n correlation you trying to make is a baseless one

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
So using your logic, nas is smoking WAY less now? N you have this info confirmed?

tenor.gif

I’m off this.

I said what I said.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
And like I said, I feel that.

I’m also saying Nas had those type of nikkas around him too but maybe didn’t take advantage of his situation like Jay did.

nikkas ain’t just going to give you game, because nobody just gave it to them.

When you’re given something with little effort to get it on your part, it won’t mean as much.

You gotta be on point enough to soak it in for yourself, ask pertinent questions, and when you show initiative to learn, then nikkas might start hitting you off with more jewels.

A lot of rappers wake up from their haze after being in the game like 10 years, and the money starts slowing up, then they start pointing fingers and placing blame.

I’m only using Jay because Nas used Dame as his example.

Please...the line has four names. I think we all know why the focus is on dame.
Don't go pretending..

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to defend Nas alot but he just as weird as Jigga is when it comes to each other these nikkas are 40+ still on some frenemy shyt :wrist:

Is it Webster Hall duets or is it subliminals and dropping projects on each others release dates :stopitslime:

Maybe....just maybe....older people aren't walking around all paranoid about the next man's moves, release dates, or imaginary feuds.

Process this idea: they say what's on their mind, live their lives, and don't think about each other, Ether or Takeover every day.

It was never that serious.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
PREACH!!!....my thoughts exactly...i was gonna post the exact same response

Nas crew wasnt influentual in him making sound business decisions...he was running deep with the Queensbridge finest thugs and goons....

he didn't have a DASH who could help him make sound business decisions to help secure a solid career business wise early in it's formation like JAY did

Stoute simply saw NAS as a "pet project" for him to work on ...in an effort to "monetize" the NAS brand as he said in his own words following the lackluster sales of ILLMATIC

and although it was a Success as we seen in the double platinum success of IT WAS WRITTEN

it just simply served as another feather in Steve Stoute's cap as he rode the ranks of the hiearchy of the Columbia/SONY music group as well as stature in the industry

where as Dame Dash was THERE since Jay-z independent run on Payday Records with the In My Lifetime single which i remember being serviced hand to hand by Dame and his crew "The Best Out" to various mixtape deejays in NYC ...i remember that greatly being a mixtape head and aspiring deejay in the tristate at that time prior to my move to the south..

yeah Dame was always there and rode passionatly for Jay during the good and bad times

his whole approch to thier new relationship with DEF JAM was BOLD in itself....they were the first NYC hip hop entitiy that i know of at the time to seek a Joint Venture/Partnership much like No Limit records had done as well as Rap A lot and what Cash Money would do down the line...

gotta respect DAME ...despite his questionable tactics...he definitily had his "artist" (jay z) intrests at hand

Couldn't have said it better myself....

Roc-A-Fella Dame Dash is the kind of person who pushes your label to top status.