"Fractured Hands & Pulled Hams Equals Broken Harts" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I wonder does Nick nurse go back to his original game plan with Jalen Brunson. The first two games Nick Nurse ran a 1-2-2 defense with Embiid as a floater (Shoutout to Lebron and JJ for the knowledge) and essentially dared the rest of the roster to beat him.

What happened was that the rest of the roster did beat him (Josh Hart was averaging 21/12, Hartenstein was going 7/8 on floaters, plus Deuce and Bogi got going). Nick nurse decides to pull back from that defense and then Jalen proceeds to average 43pts /11.5 assist over the next two games.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not a fan of Thibs but he’s getting these wins, so I’ll keep it positive.

The best thing that happened to Thibs is the rotation got shortened so he doesn’t have to focus on managing minutes. Plus Nurse isn’t good at in-game adjustment coach, which is a weak spot for Thibs. I don’t think anyone left in the east is good at it once Spo is out. Neither Carlisle or Doc for next round, they are game to game guys like Thibs. I don’t know the coaches out West well but shyt I hope the Knicks have those kind of problems this year. It’s the playoffs 40+ minutes isn’t a bad thing since every game is actually important.

Honestly Thibs is doing a good job.
Thibs has always been an elite coach just get off his dikk.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I wonder does Nick nurse go back to his original game plan with Jalen Brunson. The first two games Nick Nurse ran a 1-2-2 defense with Embiid as a floater (Shoutout to Lebron and JJ for the knowledge) and essentially dared the rest of the roster to beat him.

What happened was that the rest of the roster did beat him (Josh Hart was averaging 21/12, Hartenstein was going 7/8 on floaters, plus Deuce and Bogi got going). Nick nurse decides to pull back from that defense and then Jalen proceeds to average 43pts /11.5 assist over the next two games.

I think he goes back to it in the first half to see if the others have cooled off. If that doesn’t work I assume he goes into panic mode.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

tenor.gif

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I remember when they advertised Jeffries as being able to guard all 5 positions when he came to the knicks.... that's all I remember.... oh and the fight where his jersey got ripped as he was charging at Melo
He was a good defensive player and used to draw charges.

God awful offensive player though non-shooter, piss poor touch inside, bad hands. Non-NBA level bad on offense. Really had to endure him starting 148 games in his time here. :scust:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I think either way isn't a bad idea but they get absolutely nothing from the rest of the team other than Maxey offensively.

Hield can't get off the bench. Tobias stinks. Oubre is up and down. When Embiid isn't on the court these guys can't score

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

practically playing on one leg and gets exhausted by the 4Q. that's why they had him on the other side of the floor when Sixers players were at the free throw line.

hopefully just having today off for the first time in the series works in our favor with Embiid tomorrow. will he try to play every minute of the 2nd half again?? crazy.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Let me say this now…

This dude Brunson has completely broken the excellent “Stop Brunson” defensive strategy by Nurse.

Do y’all understand that the Pacers do NOT have a roster that can give Brunson fits the way the Sixers have?

Aye… this is a spooky year, Brehs. I think Sixers will be the toughest matchup we have until the west.
They also don’t have anyone as fast as Maxey to give us fits. OG is going to have Tyrese in hell…