“I Love My Children With All My Heart But My Marriage Gets Priority Over Them.”

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cast-The-Bill-Cosby-Show.jpg

:russ: :russ: Bill was straight F dem kids :camby::camby::camby:y'all need to go so I can get me Claire time

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I look at it like…

- 1. Your Spouse, 2. Your kids, 3. Yourself = You’re more miserable

- 1. Your kids, 2. Your spouse, 3. Yourself = You’re still more miserable and she’s a tossup.

- 1. Your Kids, 2. Yourself, 3. Your Spouse = Spouse is definitely miserable but might stay since you’re not the #1 priority either.

- 1. Yourself, 2. Your Kids, 3. Your Spouse = might as well get a divorce.

- 1. Your Spouse, 2. Yourself, 3. Your kids = you’re probably still more miserable because you most likely not prioritized as much with anyone else. Could work out though.

- 1. Yourself 2. Your spouse 3. Your kids = best situation for all. Even if you’re not priortized first in every else’s mind, you’re still prioritizing yourself first and should be happy with that, because it lets you mentally be able to do things that you don’t want to do but need to.

Your spouse should be happy as well especially if she’s prioritizing herself the same.

I honestly don’t think kids would care because they’re not even on that level of caring yet.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You can do both. The attention my wife and I gave to each other and the children we raised fluctuated based on the circumstances and needs of the individual. It is a dynamic process that you have to do in order to keep your marriage viable while also raising well-adjusted children. So effective communication is a must between everyone to make sure we all understand each other's circumstances and needs to effectively deal with them.

So here are some of the things my wife and I would do to make sure we all remain connected to each other.

1. Girls outing where my wife would take the girls on shopping sprees, vacations, events, entertainment, etc. Giving them time to connect and talk with me not being around.

2. Outings with me only doing some of the same things, but also some different things we like to do together like miniature golf, batting range, arcades, and certain movie types we enjoyed. We would talk and just enjoy each other's company.

3. Husband and Wife-only activities from dates, vacations, and jazz clubs to just sending the girls out so we can just spend some quality time enjoying each other's bodies and minds.

4. Family events from just evening meals together every Sunday when they got older home movie nights to outside activities and vacations to extended family events and interesting locations that everyone had a hand in choosing.

5. We each made sure we had time to ourselves enjoying hobbies and solo activities. Giving each of us time away from each other.

6. We never, ever, allowed the girls to pit us against each other. We would always maintain a united front when it came to decisions concerning their well-being. We always made sure we knew what each other said to them when it came to giving permission. Cuts down on a lot of possible misunderstandings and arguments over rearing styles.

7. Also, we never hid our age-appropriate disagreements with each other from the girls, we did make sure we remained respectful in our arguments. We never cursed at each other, we never reacted violently towards each other. If we got so angry that we needed to cool off, we ended our interaction until we cooled off and could let rational thinking prevail. If we could not come to an agreement, we would just end the argument by agreeing to disagree.

There is more, but what is above generally covers it. With my youngest sister married and my daughter in college, my wife and I have a lot of time with each other. Since we worked to maintain our relationship throughout the years, we find ourselves enjoying each other's company even more. Outside of the minor worry about our adult girls being out in the world on their own, we have found we have far more time to just spoil each other. It is a nice place to be, even with my present health issues.
Some real grown man shyt :ehh:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
This is how my parents raised my sibling and I :manny:

They always said that they prioritize each other (obviously not when we were little children) but they ALWAYS made time for themselves and kept their marriage strong. It’s still going good to this day, and they advised my sibling and I the same.

Told us, “the kids leave, but the marriage is supposed to last forever. Focus on keeping the marriage strong.” Advice my sibling and I follow to this day

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
You can do both. The attention my wife and I gave to each other and the children we raised fluctuated based on the circumstances and needs of the individual. It is a dynamic process that you have to do in order to keep your marriage viable while also raising well-adjusted children. So effective communication is a must between everyone to make sure we all understand each other's circumstances and needs to effectively deal with them.

So here are some of the things my wife and I would do to make sure we all remain connected to each other.

1. Girls outing where my wife would take the girls on shopping sprees, vacations, events, entertainment, etc. Giving them time to connect and talk with me not being around.

2. Outings with me only doing some of the same things, but also some different things we like to do together like miniature golf, batting range, arcades, and certain movie types we enjoyed. We would talk and just enjoy each other's company.

3. Husband and Wife-only activities from dates, vacations, and jazz clubs to just sending the girls out so we can just spend some quality time enjoying each other's bodies and minds.

4. Family events from just evening meals together every Sunday when they got older home movie nights to outside activities and vacations to extended family events and interesting locations that everyone had a hand in choosing.

5. We each made sure we had time to ourselves enjoying hobbies and solo activities. Giving each of us time away from each other.

6. We never, ever, allowed the girls to pit us against each other. We would always maintain a united front when it came to decisions concerning their well-being. We always made sure we knew what each other said to them when it came to giving permission. Cuts down on a lot of possible misunderstandings and arguments over rearing styles.

7. Also, we never hid our age-appropriate disagreements with each other from the girls, we did make sure we remained respectful in our arguments. We never cursed at each other, we never reacted violently towards each other. If we got so angry that we needed to cool off, we ended our interaction until we cooled off and could let rational thinking prevail. If we could not come to an agreement, we would just end the argument by agreeing to disagree.

There is more, but what is above generally covers it. With my youngest sister married and my daughter in college, my wife and I have a lot of time with each other. Since we worked to maintain our relationship throughout the years, we find ourselves enjoying each other's company even more. Outside of the minor worry about our adult girls being out in the world on their own, we have found we have far more time to just spoil each other. It is a nice place to be, even with my present health issues.

Just realized I didn’t give you any actual rep, I got you tho, cus you deserve it

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thread is perfect proof why most people who have children should never have had them.