I Never knew Jerry Lynn wrestled in the WWF pre-2000

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Just came across this match here from Friday Night's Main Event in 1997. This match made me remember how much of a Taka fan I was, and that he was VERY over at one point, but the WWF at that time just didn't know what to do with it's version of CWs. WCW's CWs were KILLING it every week during this period, and the WWF never really went all in on their Light heavyweight division. They had a decent amount of talent (Chris Daniels, Aguila, Flash Flanagan and others appeared at one time or another), but they only saw value in Taka (for a bit) and no one else.

As far as this match, it's a pretty good one, especially since you weren't really seeing that style from the WWF at that time. The crowd as loving Taka, and both did their part in making the crowd get invested into the match. The Michonoku Driver was one of my favorite finishers for a LONG time :pachaha:I know some other ECW guys had a storyline in '97 in the WWF, but this was my first time ever noticing Lynn wrestling in the WWF. I remember when he was in the WWF in 2001, but he was booked terribly and honestly wasn't that appealing then anyway. He was a footnote even from winning the LHW title on Heat or something in his debut. He fared far better in TNA.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Both of these guys were underutilized in the F. :to: