I thought Broner won ‍♂️

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
That's an adjustment. Manny was wild reckless and caught some good shots early on, then he began to use a good jab and body shots to begin working his way into punching distance.

With Pacquiao being the primary aggressor, the countering opportunities were still there for Broner, but because of how Manny was mixing up his punches coming in, Broner didn't know whether to shell up or to throw back. Pacquiao was able to time Broners speed, and he also picked up on which punches Broner was looking to counter. I think it must've been the ninth where Pac threw a feinting jab and followed it up perfectly with a left just as Broner was looking to get off his own shot. Shyt is not an accident or lucky. :yeshrug:

Understand that Broner got hurt badly because he was hit with shots he did not see coming. Broner, an ultradefensive fighter, was hit by shots he didn't see. That is a testament to the offensive genius of Pacquiao.

Broner has always dominated fighters when he has a size advantage, and he didn't dare move forward on Pacquiao. Again, it just goes to show that it's not just about getting off first or throwing punches.

Also, it's interesting you brought up Crawford who is known for being able to make adjustments in the ring.

Close fights deserve rematches.... You really think Broner deserves a rematch??

I agree with your assessment.

He never really stuck to the jab tho, and he did a good job all night of mixing in the body shots.

I don’t think he deserves a rematch, but the fight was a lot closer then the general public would have you believe.

I still feel if Broner let’s his hand go, he wins.
He ate Manny signature punch.

Good shyt!

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I refused to pay 74.99 since I already pay for Showtime (they bout to get clipped tho) plus this Dude Broner has disappointed me too many times.
So last night I finally got to sit down and watch the fight.

I think Broner is a Clown, and while he still need to let his hands go, He landed the cleaner shots all night, his problem was his whole offense was predicated off countering Manny, he throws more punches he wins that fight easily

We also gotta give him credit for his chin. Manny is sending 98% ppl hit by that punch in the 7th, nite-nite. I was Shocked he was able to eat that, and he won the 2nd half of the round.

By the 6th round he was already swelling Manny face up...shyt had nothing to do with no damn tape, like the media report put out.

Showtime was on their HBO B.S. also, I noticed right away whenever Broner landed a flush shot, nothing would be said, Manny throws some wild shyt that barely landed, they would hype it up.

I was clowning Broner because dude is Truly a clown, but this fight is an example of how easy it is to manipulate the masses...even if you feel like Manny won off being more active, it was a lot closer of a fight then ppl made it out to be.

And that lil interview they did with Floyd....shyt was scripted like a Mofo!
He throws more punches and Manny likely hurts him for real.

There’s a REASON Broner doesn’t throw punches breh.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No disrespect but if you think Broner won that fight you don't know how to judge fights, he lost comfortably, possibly by 11 rounds, being generous by 10.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m thinking the same about you ‍♂️

That's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinion, however nearly all the boxing experts unanimously agree that Manny comfortably won the fight. I don't remember anybody credible saying Broner won, even Floyd who is involved with him said Manny won, and Wilder who wanted Broner to win.