I wish i could finish beats

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Idk man i think that beat is more than enough for a song.

Just need a rapper to hit it right.

I find my fav songs are my simplest with my own lyrics making the most of the beat. My fav songs are simple loops with elite rappers. I try not to get carried away and go with the vibe.

If ya not takint them far, focus on what in the beat IS working. This beat above i can hear many songs on it. Lil 12 bar verses. Catchy hook. Itd be a fine song.

But im a older head. I know you kids like to have these epic songs but imo less is more. The rza’s work is a prime example of what i mean put into action.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
It reminds me of some 3 6, Brotha Lynch Hung type stuff. Pretty good, my critique is that its pretty busy from start to finish, but I guess thats what you're saying. Just flesh it out a bit and cut some of the sounds out or use them more sparingly.

I agree its way more fun to keep exploring new ideas than finish anything. I haven't done anything for a few months now, but you've gotta get it together every now and then.

Daps
I think alot of producers, myself included, are guilty of this. Thats why for me I gotta give myself a time limit to try get a track done. If its not done in an hour then scrap it all together and go onto the next. Its like a fun little challenge and keeps you from over thinking stuff alot and just go with it.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I think alot of producers, myself included, are guilty of this. Thats why for me I gotta give myself a time limit to try get a track done. If its not done in an hour then scrap it all together and go onto the next. Its like a fun little challenge and keeps you from over thinking stuff alot and just go with it.
Oh damn ..Alot of the times I'll take a break for a few days then come back fresh to a beat then finish it within like an hour.

I usually do this with sampled songs because I have trouble at times finding the right balance of adding more layers to the beat but no oversaturating with sounds.

Or I'll come back and find I need to EQ the sample better.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Oh damn ..Alot of the times I'll take a break for a few days then come back fresh to a beat then finish it within like an hour.

I usually do this with sampled songs because I have trouble at times finding the right balance of adding more layers to the beat but no oversaturating with sounds.

Or I'll come back and find I need to EQ the sample better.

This my exact process:salute: