I would never understand rappers not seeking out

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
old school producers that made classics after classics.

I will give Kanye props for going back and getting new productions from those same guys he idolized before he got into the game.

I'm not talking about the usual suspects either (RZA, Premo, Dre), I'm talking about producers like Easy Mo Bee, DJ U-Neek, and Quik.

It's funny how actors are still excited to worked with old directors like Scorsese and Scott, but in Hip-Hop the pioneers get thrown to the wayside

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
nikka the point is to make money.

You stand a better chance of having a hit spitting over a Luger beat compared to primo

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
nikka the point is to make money.

You stand a better chance of having a hit spitting over a Luger beat compared to primo

Sadly, this is how most artists think nowadays. But you still have guys like Curren$y who'll go out and get Ski or Daz or Alchemist (and I heard he was trying to get Bink! on his new album) because they're more concerned with having a dope album than a hit single.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Truth, I never figured out why dudes don't reach out to guys like the Legendary Traxter who did the first few twista albums. I could see Freddie Gibbs on some of those beats or like KLC from Beats by the pound. I sure they wouldn't charge a grip and at least you'd sound different from everybody else just getting a Hit-Boy/LexLuger/MikeWill beat.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
gibbs and jeezy got a song coming out with a dj quik beat. i HOPE that + all the alc albums coming up + the showbiz and ag + the currensy success brings back some older producers

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I gotta give Curren$y props for rejuvenating Alchemist and making a classic with Ski.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Because most artists are living in the moment, musically...either trying to make the best of the "current sound(s)" or chasing the whatever next one is...most rappers aren't nostalgia fetishists...and the ones that are have their lil niche fanbases, but by and large aren't the artists moving the needle on any real major level...also, being a producer isn't totally different than being a rapper...you still have to grind, it's a "what have you done lately" game...producers can't just sit back chilling expecting people to seek them out for placements because of some beats they made 16 years ago

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Truth, I never figured out why dudes don't reach out to guys like the Legendary Traxter who did the first few twista albums. I could see Freddie Gibbs on some of those beats or like KLC from Beats by the pound. I sure they wouldn't charge a grip and at least you'd sound different from everybody else just getting a Hit-Boy/LexLuger/MikeWill beat.

Traxter did "Wetter" for Twista which was a pretty big song not too long ago.

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
Sadly, this is how most artists think nowadays. But you still have guys like Curren$y who'll go out and get Ski or Daz or Alchemist (and I heard he was trying to get Bink! on his new album) because they're more concerned with having a dope album than a hit single.

I'm guessing that guys like Curren$y actually have consideration for quality music and as long as his blunt is full, he's happy.

With that mind-set, you're going to get a cult-following who appreciate the direction of your music and choice of production, rather than doing it to make a quick-buck a la a lot of pop rappers.

Cal Cutta

Balthazar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My theory: Eventually a big-name rapper who has the power to make their own lanes and get people to listen will do a mixtape going over popular old-school beats, and the older producers will get back in the game.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
rappers are looking for a sound that represents 'the now'

as an artist you can't live in the past, that's what people like you are for

Daps
Reppin
http://youtu.be/pXzHOOuCYZc
Many artists have been copping underwhelming Premo beats for the last few years just so they can say they worked with him and have him on the album. That's an L to me if the beat or the song isn't good.

I think the best formula for an artist is to get the best beats that compliment their flow. If it's been a dream of theirs to work with a producer, I have no problem with it. But I think its stupid to go get a Timbo beat in 2012 just because he made some classics back in the day.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I'm living in the past, because I think an ol school producer can still give a new rapper a dope beat to spit on. I think you're missing my point.

Do you know the sound all over Watch The Throne is co- produce by a guy that has been producing for over 2 decades.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Smh at thinking artist are making music to gain affection from some Internet nerds

"hiphop heads" just eat up nikkas that that play that Currency Role