Ice Cube Accuses NBA & ESPN Of Trying To Destroy BIG3 Basketball League

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really need Cube to clarify exactly what he wants from ESPN and the NBA.

Because ultimately, unless it makes business sense, ESPN isn't going to cover your league or sport. I'm guessing people don't know that ESPN has to pay MLB, NBA, NFL, UFC, etc, a fee that is separate from their broadcast deals to be able to have access to footage to use on their shows. And, as mentioned, they're not interested in showing highlights of a league they see no real benefit for promoting.

So, is he upset because they won't promote or show Big3 highlights? Does he want them to come to the table to negotiate a possibile deal? If you're going to call both parties out publicly, you gotta be more specific about what is you want.

If anything, his issue might be with the NBA if ESPN has advised that part of their deal with the NBA stipulates that they can't have deals with any other pro level leagues.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I love Cube and I like the Big 3 but I disagree with the notion that NBA is trying to sabotage the Big 3 league.

The NBA has nothing to worry about with the Big 3 having success. The NBA has franchises worth millions and billions of dollars. The NBA is home to all of the best players in the world. The NBA plays 82 games, has 30 teams, a playoff system and the coveted NBA trophy.

The league has been around for over 75yrs.

Why does Cube keep saying that shyt...Big 3 is just 3 on 3 basketball filled with retirees, generic teams/jerseys, and as far as TV deals goes isn't Big 3 apart of Fox Sports so that means FS1 is Big 3's home station. ESPN and Fox Sports don't cover the same sports outside of collage football and maybe “once in the blue moon” other stuff. There's a reason why Fox Sports analysts rarely mention ESPN or Turner Broadcast in conversations. The NBA doesn't associate with Fox Sports network.

Last edited: