Ice Spice is an actual celebrity at this point breh...

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I went through all the stages of grief with hip hop and now I've settled at acceptance. I can think all I want that it's garbage, hip hop failed to innovate in a fashion I felt it should and blah blah blah but it is what it is. I will say that I just went to a Nas, Busta and Wu show sold out with people born in the 70s, 80s 90s and even 2000s there and I just don't see it happening 30 years from now for 99.9% of these acts. This chick sounds like she's reading her remedial raps off a script. But it's not for me to understand........

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Cardi is a once in 5 year superstar. A boogie for example has three solo albums all of which are RIAA platinum or double platinum and like 15 platinum singles. This is elite status for a rap career like top 5 percent easy.

you're right for sure. But Why? Look at A-boogie's accolades you stated.....he's still an ant compared to cardi....why? get where I'm going?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I went through all the stages of grief with hip hop and now I've settled at acceptance. I can think all I want that it's garbage, hip hop failed to innovate in a fashion I felt it should and blah blah blah but it is what it is. I will say that I just went to a Nas, Busta and Wu show sold out with people born in the 70s, 80s 90s and even 2000s there and I just don't see it happening 30 years from now for 99.9% of these acts. This chick sounds like she's reading her remedial raps off a script. But it's not for me to understand........

I hear u...and no-one wants to be the old man yelling @ the clouds....but you can't dismiss it and not analyze it...I've posted before how much music influenced me as a youth....I'm grown but I'm sure there are kids now like me back than being influenced by this...it matters....this aint coming from some preachy moral stance cause I'm dirty as hell and would never front on some high horse....But I am wondering why "thot" rap gets the push that it does from the machine and the reasoning and consequences

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
8MFxBJe.gif