Idaho bans abortion after 6 weeks. Allows Father to sue Mother if she aborts

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Idaho passes Texas-inspired bill to ban abortion at 6 weeks

The Idaho Legislature approved a bill to ban abortions after six weeks of pregnancy Monday, making it the first state to pass legislation similar to a Texas law that is the most restrictive in the country.

The state House passed the Republican-backed measure in a 51-14 vote; the Senate passed it earlier this month.

There are some differences between the Idaho bill and the Texas statute.

The Idaho measure is narrower; it would allow the potential father, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles of a "preborn child" to sue an abortion provider for a minimum of $20,000 in damages within four years of an abortion. The Texas law allows any citizen to file a lawsuit, with the possibility of being awarded $10,000 by a court.

Under the Idaho bill, a doctor could face two to five years in prison if convicted of “criminal abortion.” Civil lawsuits against abortion providers would be allowed 30 days after enactment of the bill.

Unlike the Texas law, the Idaho bill has exceptions for rape and incest.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Are women getting any advantages through these laws that allow the community at large to own their bodies?

And what other situations could a law like this be applied to where the good of the community creates an ownership situation over someone else?

What do these laws look like when the State is Blue?

edit: one more question.. does this mean that parents and grandparents own their children and grandchildren?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Well, GOP is off the rails and getting even more radical when that Russian money is now gone.

Anything to keep the population of America WHITE.

Black people need to reduce the abortion rates even though I don't agree with this.