if a 18 year old kid didn't know what to major in for college, what advice would you give him ??

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
if a 18 year old kid didn't know what to major in for college, what advice would you give him ??

:jbhmm::jbhmm:

also the kid is not very good in math and was about to major in CS but didn't because he was bad at math and didn't pass the math portion of his placement exam.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Either delay it for a bit or if you're insistent upon going now, make sure it's a place where you're not spending any money at for the degree. If you opt for the latter, be sure to take a good variety of courses in your first year to see what you like.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

:jbhmm::jbhmm:

also the kid is not very good in math and was about to major in CS but didn't because he was bad at math and didn't pass the math portion of his placement exam.
Sounds exactly like me :merchant: Tell him not to make the same mistake I did.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Every school has a core curriculum that allows you to experiment with different courses. Try to find your niche. I'm not sure what you mean about placement test in reference to math. But if it's like foreign language, just start from pre calculus and work your way up. That's all I can say. Good luck OP.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
well they've got to knock out a bunch of stupid pre reqs first, I'd say maybe english and or political science and go from there

:yeshrug:

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
do something in healthcare, people always get sick. allot of programs are only 2 years. its a start.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go to community college, I'd say focus on your pre reqs and then think about some stuff that you like, that you'd want to do.

Look people say they're not good at math, math takes work and creativity and if you approach it with that kind of mindset then of course you won't be good at it. People think that it should just come to them, but it doesn't. Keep in mind math was developed by people and their way of thinking, not yours, it's not like writing a paper.

Anyway, do what you think would be fun and prosperous.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Either dont go to school, or take a few classes at a community college.
Dont be one of those suckers that drop all that bread on college and gets a lame ass degree like Psychology or Sociology.

If I could do it all over again I would get a job in sales and hustle my ass off.
If you can get good in sales you will end up saying fuk college because the money is so good...and youll never be without a job.

Then I would tell shorty to constantly skill up...you dont have to go to college to learn.
People who are poor are poor because they dont have any in demand skills.

Also keep an eye on entrepreneurship...try to get a side online hustle...and build it up.

When I have kids...those mutherfukers arent getting a dime for me for college unless its an top school

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Go to community college and finish your first two years and get your basics out of the way cheap. Hold off on the more expensive years until you know exactly what you want to do. If you want to be a programmer, you don't have to go to college. Develop an extensive portfolio or go to some code camp and start applying like crazy.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Go to community college and finish your first two years and get your basics out of the way cheap. Hold off on the more expensive years until you know exactly what you want to do. If you want to be a programmer, you don't have to go to college. Develop an extensive portfolio or go to some code camp and start applying like crazy.