if today's NBA players are bigger, faster, stronger, etc. why cant they play back to back games?

Daps
This is what being an empowered employee with a strong union looks like.

Back to Back games in an 82 game schedule is stupid. Playing players 42 minutes is stupid.

If I was a star player, I wouldn't be trying to play 82 games either and play 42 minutes either. I play basketball for a reason, I am trying to get 3 max contracts. fukk the fans.

Instead of bytching about it, maybe you can learn from having a union and knowing your worth and apply it to your occupation.

Getting pimped out for consumers ain't the wave.

:mjlol: This is a horrible take. “Maybe you can learn from having a strong union” lol gtfoh

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: This is a horrible take. “Maybe you can learn from having a strong union” lol gtfoh

No it's a realistic take.

Middle class NBA players getting starting QB money, on top of a guaranteed salary and on top of not getting ran to death like their predecessors.

Now that I think about it, NBA players might be on the only workers in the USA, who work conditions improved, salary improved and leverage improved and have a strong union.

Instead of being a hater cause a predominantly Black workforce chilling and getting to the bag and not letting themselves get fukked over by their White bosses and managers, you can learn something.

Cause in real life, outside of being a fan, no employee is tryna do more, when they can do less and get the same amount of money and still be effective. Only athletes are lorded over this way by the consumer regarding their compensation.

Fans in here really talking about docking pay for resting and changing the history books to emphasize totals. Where they do that at?

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure these dudes want to play but the coach sits them out to stay healthy

You don’t get much of an advantage being a higher seed in the playoffs so not much incentive to win every regular season game

Warriors lost to a far inferior cavs team in 16 cause they expended too much energy in the regular season. By the end of that series the whole team was :flabbynsick: while bron was fresh cause he took a 2 week vacation to Miami in the middle of the season:pachaha:

This will never happen but the Top 4 seeds should get first round byes in the playoffs

Daps
No it's a realistic take.

Middle class NBA players getting starting QB money, on top of a guaranteed salary and on top of not getting ran to death like their predecessors.

Now that I think about it, NBA players might be on the only workers in the USA, who work conditions improved, salary improved and leverage improved and have a strong union.

Instead of being a hater cause a predominantly Black workforce chilling and getting to the bag and not letting themselves get fukked over by their White bosses and managers, you can learn something.

Cause in real life, outside of being a fan, no employee is tryna do more, when they can do less and get the same amount of money and still be effective. Only athletes are lorded over this way by the consumer regarding their compensation.

Fans in here really talking about docking pay for resting and changing the history books to emphasize totals. Where they do that at?

Who is a hater? And are you a union lawyer that you’re so invested in nba contracts and “work conditions”? You ain’t seeing none of that money anyway, so why are you so attached to theirs?

We’re all happy NBA players are getting bank, but team’s are deciding to rest their star players for “load management” during the season while still charging absurd ticket prices. And you say fukk the fans like they should be happy they’re getting screwed out of seeing their favorite players.

You can’t compare a pro sports union to the average American worker or a trade union. It just doesn’t work like that. The NBA union is not even the one empowering the players to rest, it’s the team’s. The only situation the union would step in would have been Kawhi’s situation w the Spurs and misdiagnosis of his injury but yet being pressured to play.

And do you even like sports? I can tell you’ve never done anything competitive when you say you want a pro athlete to do less than what they signed up for and still reap all the benefits plus more. That’s not even good business let alone how pro sports works.