I'm putting together my first instrumental LP and need some help

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I'm trying to put together an instrumental album of let's say 15 or so tracks. The theme is the area where I am from... I have plenty of quotes and vocal samples that will narrate the theme and I am working on beat switches every minute or so.. I want it to be jam packed with as many vibes as I cohesively can pull off.

My problem is that I've made a handful of tracks that are kind of really clean.. And then I have a handful of tracks that are dirty.. Dusty and chopped to shyt. There's not really any cohesiveness between the two styles and I'm finding it hard to blend the two styles and I don't really want to have to start over again.

Is this something that can be solved with mixing and mastering or am I really going to have to start all over again with one type of sound in mind? I listened to madlib beat tapes recently and alchemist instrumental albums and it seems it follows suit eg every track has a hiss sound to it / every track uses drum loops / every track samples soul etc

What's the key to getting thay cohesive sound? Am I gonna have to start over again or can it be solved with mastering and creating a template for all songs to "fit"

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I think it wouldn't matter as long as the beats are hot.
That just means you are very versatile which can make a lot more people like it i think.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
hey, if you get all the mixes to be similar in loudness, put some saturation or tape plugin first in the mastering chain and keep the settings similar across the board.
next step mastering EQ to get them even more similar to each other. after that just regular mastering there wont be a huge difference. youll only hear it because you already know

loudness, saturation, and EQ

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hey, if you get all the mixes to be similar in loudness, put some saturation or tape plugin first in the mastering chain and keep the settings similar across the board.
next step mastering EQ to get them even more similar to each other. after that just regular mastering there wont be a huge difference. youll only hear it because you already know

loudness, saturation, and EQ
Props for this man, dope info.