I'm surprise there hasn't been a tv show or movie

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
based in the 90s.

The early to late 90s club (Limelight to the Tunnel) run would make a sick TV show. All the drugs, sex, money, and how the politics brought the scene down would be epic.

Also, the rise of the music business with CDs easily exceeding over 5 million sales, million dollars videos, CE0s acting like bosses, payola, ect.

Magazines were also huge and played a direct role with the music politics.

Ratner is supposedly making a movie about the beginnings of MTV, but that's all 80s stuff. And, VH1 is going to do a documenatry on Napster. I can't wait for that.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
The movie Singles and Reality Bites was based in the 90's.
Does that count?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movie Singles and Reality Bites was based in the 90's.
Does that count?

These are 90s based films.

But, I'm thinking on a broad scale. See how Broadway Empire is based in the 1920s prohibition on corruption era. The atmosphere, clothing, the way people talk and think is all set in that time period.

I think something from the 90s can be executed just like that. It doesn't have to be about music, it could be like the Enron scandal or the internet boom. Alot of those snakes got rich fast, then the company went belly-up, and they ended up murking themselves or went into hiding. Those stories could be one hell of a show or movie.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
based in the 90s.

The early to late 90s club (Limelight to the Tunnel) run would make a sick TV show. All the drugs, sex, money, and how the politics brought the scene down would be epic.

Also, the rise of the music business with CDs easily exceeding over 5 million sales, million dollars videos, CE0s acting like bosses, payola, ect.

Magazines were also huge and played a direct role with the music politics.

Ratner is supposedly making a movie about the beginnings of MTV, but that's all 80s stuff. And, VH1 is going to do a documenatry on Napster. I can't wait for that.

....That 90s Show? Who's gonna play Cobain?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The Wackness was a real good look at the summer of 94. Kinda dug that movie.