Daps
Reppin
NYC
22D8_D.gif

Anybody ever been part of one? Talk to me

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yea. Not the friendliest guys. Coming from mma gyms where everyone's smiles daps and hugs no homo boxers are there for business business and they aren't gonna waste time on weekend warriors and journeyman. Try all that huggy huggy shyt they'll be looking at u like a bytchy bytch bytch.

Expect to get your block knocked off in sparring and potentially concussed, with headgesr. Best work technique and conditioning until you're really ready. They could be friendly sparring you and u still might get the fukk beat outta you, and don't land a good punch o no. Just run out the ring.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Yea. Not the friendliest guys. Coming from mma gyms where everyone's smiles daps and hugs no homo boxers are there for business business and they aren't gonna waste time on weekend warriors and journeyman. Try all that huggy huggy shyt they'll be looking at u like a bytchy bytch bytch.

Expect to get your block knocked off in sparring and potentially concussed, with headgesr. Best work technique and conditioning until you're really ready. They could be friendly sparring you and u still might get the fukk beat outta you, and don't land a good punch o no. Just run out the ring.

I'm not here to discredit you but this seems like such a pessimistic outlook, you maybe have been to a bunch of bad gyms or got your ass kicked and ran out bitter.

OP,

Boxing is amazing. It's fun, it's challenging, it feels good, it hurts, it's tiring, it's ego-challenging, it's confidence building, it's intense, it's a high. My advice is If you want to start, find a place you're comfortable, a place that respects you and your limitations, and then STICK WITH IT. You're going to look like a freaking idiot for a whole year, you're not going to know how to move, how to attack, or how to defend but you will get there. You will get to the point where you don't have to think about your next move because it'll be etched into your muscle memory.

You will have days where you get your ass kicked, days where you kick other people's ass, days where your game is off, but in the end you will be fine tuning your reflexes and be in some of the best shape you've ever been in.

After a year of boxing I was fukking the shyt out of my girl.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm not here to discredit you but this seems like such a pessimistic outlook, you maybe have been to a bunch of bad gyms or got your ass kicked and ran out bitter.

OP,

Boxing is amazing. It's fun, it's challenging, it feels good, it hurts, it's tiring, it's ego-challenging, it's confidence building, it's intense, it's a high. My advice is If you want to start, find a place you're comfortable, a place that respects you and your limitations, and then STICK WITH IT. You're going to look like a freaking idiot for a whole year, you're not going to know how to move, how to attack, or how to defend but you will get there. You will get to the point where you don't have to think about your next move because it'll be etched into your muscle memory.

You will have days where you get your ass kicked, days where you kick other people's ass, days where your game is off, but in the end you will be fine tuning your reflexes and be in some of the best shape you've ever been in.

After a year of boxing I was fukking the shyt out of my girl.
It's about finding the right training partners.

People who want to learn and don't have baggage. 40 50 to the head 80 to the body. It's just courtesy.

I'm sorry brother but the mma environment is more healthy on average

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'm hitting the boxing gym now, not doing a lot because it's technically not open until 2 weeks. Mostly cardio and working on my jab

We should do a backyard coli meetup:lolbron: I wish I started in my early 20s:snoop:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
It's about finding the right training partners.

People who want to learn and don't have baggage. 40 50 to the head 80 to the body. It's just courtesy.

I'm sorry brother but the mma environment is more healthy on average

‘I’ve seen the exact opposite where MMA gyms have a bunch of cocky UFC wannabes.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Better if you go to The Ring.

I’ve been apart of 3 different gyms and the most important thing is notice how the head coach trains. If they don’t teach head movements then bail. Most gyms are friendly and After fights we’d always discuss the fight. don’t believe that competitive bs if it is there then it’s not a good gym.

2 were solid and one fed me to a heavyweight wolf while I was a middleweight.

Last edited: