Impacts Various Rappers Have Had On Hiphop

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Good thread topic. I took this from the arch anti-diabolical poster known as Mr. Somebody/Mowgli in the Spot http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=4122741

What impacts have various rappers had on hiphop.

copy/paste :leon:

Petey Pablo - showed folks NC can rap with the best unintelligible southern lyricists; will be immortalized for finally giving NC an anthem to let the world "we here yall"...

Phonte - showed NC can rap with the best intelligible lyricists in general

Busta Rhymes - made "crazy, wild, super energetic" rapping and adlibs cool, early Busta anyway

Canibus - took hip hop to lyrics and structural and metaphorical limits I don't think it realized was possible, basically all the technical terms in an English 101 class he exuded through knowledge, conspiracy, and attempts at "street/keeping it real" lyrics in a overriding battle rap stance.....

Eminem- a comedian, a storyteller, technically gifted....recognition of his place in the art form and his own talent made him to be looked upon with awe.......a white boy that can actually rap great.....the equivalent of having a Black Grandmaster in Chess

Nas - vivid storyteller, delivery, voice, and subject matter made him out be an urban griot, though personal issues sometime overshadow his verses......a legend

Twista - super fast delivery that was intelligible and enjoyable, the Kanye connection gave him great mass appeal....reinforced that this genre has many many styles....

Andre 3000 - medium tempo delivery with positive, but thinking man lyrics....just showed that the South had rhymesmiths just as "deep and technically intricate" as any of the best Northeastern contemporaries....through Outkast, appeal to every demographic was possible......

This is tough trying to sound like a magazine, the way they can thoroughly capture the descriptive essence of an artist...I'll stop for now

LevelUp

🧞πŸͺ” π™π™π™š π™‚π™šπ™£π™žπ™š 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙇𝙖𝙒π™₯ 🧞πŸͺ”
Daps
Rakim. Change the game and how people went about flowing stoic versus the loud boisterous shyt.