Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
No. Where are you from?
Not from NY but I'm 35 soon, as a kid I'd always heard that Fif came up fighting cats in the streets and was known for that, and later for really being in the streets. Ja was more or less known for who he was affiliated with rather than doing anything to anybody himself...

Whether this is true or not, this was always the narrative presented outside if NY. And to be clear I'm def not a 50 fan 😆...

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Ja from queens. If he was known as some type of fighter or anything else in the street nikkas would've heard about it.

Just to be clear nikkas never heard about it.
JJ: OK, gauge me how nice you were in boxing and basketball.

JR: In basketball I’d say I was really solid. Coming out of junior high school I was being recruited to go to good basketball schools like McClancy and Christ the King, but my height just didn’t keep going the way I needed it to go. Plus, I had a knee injury so I had to stop playing. With boxing, I was doing that already then I got really good. I was being trained by Aaron Pryor’s old trainer Artie. He thought I was gonna be the next champ!

I guess he's out here lying then. Not saying he was a fighter, but he can box just like 50 can

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Yep, wasn't Fif in Golden Gloves?

Any kind of boxing training is gonna put you in the Top 5% of folks walking down the street, especially if you're already about 6'0" and over 200 lbs. He's not whooping real fighters but who in Hollywood (not including pro athletes/fighters) could reliably take 50 straight up?

He wasn't Golden Gloves but he did box as an amateur when he was 10yo and for a couple years. Emanuel Steward mentioned his boxing background before I think he might've said Golden Globes but he was mistaken

"Jackson began boxing around the age of 10. In the early 1980s, he competed in the Junior Olympics as an amateur fighter. He aspired to compete in the Golden Gloves boxing competition but was too young.[6] Jackson recounts, "I was competitive in the ring and hip-hop is competitive too. In so many ways they're similar. I think rappers condition themselves like boxers, so they all kind of feel like they're the champ."

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
Not from NY but I'm 35 soon, as a kid I'd always heard that Fif came up fighting cats in the streets and was known for that, and later for really being in the streets. Ja was more or less known for who he was affiliated with rather than doing anything to anybody himself...

Whether this is true or not, this was always the narrative presented outside if NY. And to be clear I'm def not a 50 fan 😆...

nikkas talk. Ya reputation gonna speak for itself. Fif the most famous person from South Jamaica. Every old head I know has a story with or about him..If he was a fraud he would've been exposed. As far as fighting he was whooping nikkas his age and adults as a young nikka.

Ja from Woodhull n u never hear much about bro besides rapping n getting robbed. He only affiliated with preme an them via rap/friendly extortion. It says alot about him that he was still getting robbed while under the protection of one of the biggest gangsters in the city.