Inside Miami's Luxury Car Hustle - The art of Finesse

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Super car, luxury rental businesses are very stretchy, truth of the matter they are usually run by average joe who gained access to a large line of credit from someone they personally know so they can drive these cars w/o dealing with the entire cost of running these cars. They are usually in this line of business because they can't really sell anything else.

Always ran by cacs, hispanics and arabs - playing the credit game, I know a few brothers who do it too.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Super car, luxury rental businesses are very stretchy, truth of the matter they are usually run by average joe who gained access to a large line of credit from someone they personally know so they can drive these cars w/o dealing with the entire cost of running these cars. They are usually in this line of business because they can't really sell anything else.

Always ran by cacs, hispanics and arabs - playing the credit game, I know a few brothers who do it too.
:ohhh:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
It's all a facade there is no real money in car rental businesses - I've looked into doing it myself. It's more of a hobby where you can own the best, without having to suffer the real cost of owning these cars.

If a Bentyga cost 210K and your monthly payments are roughly 3k-4K a month, you charge the customers 1.5K-2.5K per day to rent the cars. Often rented by business owners so they can write a portion off with travel expenses (dependent on the state amount). You'll have the car monthly payments, insurance etc paid off in 2-4 uses per month.

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's all a facade there is no real money in car rental businesses - I've looked into doing it myself. It's more of a hobby where you can own the best, without having to suffer the real cost of owning these cars.

If a Bentyga cost 210K and your monthly payments are roughly 3k-4K a month, you charge the customers 1.5K-2.5K per day to rent the cars. Often rented by business owners so they can write a portion off with travel expenses (dependent on the state amount). You'll have the car monthly payments, insurance etc paid off in 2-4 uses per month.

Why you say there's no money in it if you're paying off the note in 2-3 days?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Why you say there's no money in it if you're paying off the note in 2-3 days?
Ultimately it's about scalability and the usage of that money/credit that doesn't make sense unless you are someone who can't sell anything else, that's why I referred it to a hobby more than a business.
1. Up front cost can do much better in other markets/businesses than a car/luxury rental company. 2m dollars in credit can do far far more in other businesses where you can turn that money from production/hiring into a let's say multiple million dollar business by the end of the year. The math for a rental business will never make sense in that form of accord.
2. Heavy amount of insurances - most insurance will not deal with these kind of situations
3. hiring a staff to drop off the cars, sometimes pick up the cars
4. Cars are driven often so depreciation tanks these car value, unless you are in a major city - no one is renting these cars 5 days a week. Market is ran by a very small group of people who can afford all the amenities to operate
5. Maintenance
6. Customers aren't has frequently
7. Accessibility to that much line of credit (2m upwards for one that really has variety, options) to start a luxury car rental business is extremely slim. This is why they are always started by average joe's who might know a guy who wants to free up spending 18K a month between 4-5 cars he owns by renting them out to other people.
8. Marketing is truly key in this business, google is more of your friend than Instagram will ever be.
9. You have to constantly buy and sell these cars, so a shop like Gotham - would have to replace their aventador or 488 every few months because no one wants to buy a 8-10K mile model. Weather changes constantly, so cars are not accessible - so here on the eastcoast you'd basically have I'd say 7-8 months of the year where your supercars are non-rentable
10. A customer can truly fukk up and it comes out your pocket to fix these problems constantly.

My bad, for how long my explanation is. I just know at a starting of let's say 2m in credit, you can do far more without so much upfront cost and much more scalability that a rental business just doesn't make sense.

Last edited: