Instagram Founder Kevin Systrom Not happy with the App πŸŸ₯ Says it has lost its soul

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps

Instagram founder not happy with the app, says it has lost its soul
Kevin Systrom said earlier he used to go to, 'Instagram to see what his friends and family were up to, but now it has turned into a business apparatus as creators and brands use the platform to make money.'

Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom on Friday said that he is not happy with the evolution of the photo-sharing app to a marketplace.

He said, "I think we've lost the soul of what made Instagram Instagram," Systrom said.

Systrom said earlier he used to go to, "Instagram to see what his friends and family were up to, but now it has turned into a business apparatus as creators and brands use the platform to make money."

"My biggest regret, I think, at Instagram is how commercial it got," he added.

Pointing out the problem with the app, he said "there are incentives to go to more commercial, more creators, more deals, more ad dollars."

He further explained that this has led to people showcasing their apparently amazing lives with no bounds, doing the fanciest things, looking the best, and wearing the fanciest clothes and that is 'terrifying'.

"Life is really hard, and whatever people post on Instagram is the tip of the iceberg," he said. "It's this race to the bottom of who can be the most perfect."

He also said that the evolution has been extremely sad as his friends who earlier used the app to share their vacation pictures and moments of life now have #AD in the description in most of their posts.

"That, to me, is not the Instagram we started," Systrom said.

Systrom has opened up about his feelings regarding the app, almost a decade after selling it to Mark Zuckerberg's Meta (formerly Facebook). In 2012, he sold the app for $1 billion

Code

Banned
Daps
The government controls any company that becomes too influential, why is he talking like he had a choice

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
These tech bros know they ruined society so they are distancing themselves now so they don't get guillotined when SHTF.
Honestly I don't care about that part people are grown lol. However selling to a big ass company you know something will lose it's soul lol.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That and it's been taken over by wannabe models, scammers, and fugazi folks. You'll get the same answer from folks who were in involved in Twitter, Vine, Snapchat, Facebook, Tumblr and others during their infant years.
Because in the end, they went from homegrown projects to companies built on ad revenue. The algorithms then change to get more ad revenue, by keeping you there longer. Even dating apps have changed to ad revenue algorithm.

There’s no way to get insanely rich and stay homegrown without a subscription service. And nobody would pay for that anymore.

It’s over.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
The worst thing is there are no alternatives. Go download chinaman tik tok or redneck birdy twitter :mjlol: