Is ‘Avalanche’ the Answer to a 62-Year-Old Russian Mystery Over 9 Deaths?

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Randomly watched the cheesy horror movie they made about this that was on Amazon, I think, and went down the rabbit hole after.
From what I remember the best most can guess is that they suffered from some sort of hypothermia induced psychoses...which i guess is a thing...because they clawed out of their tents and abandoned camp without their cold weather gear. But they also had evidence of blunt force trauma, which could be from an avalanche, or possibly a wild animal attack?

The movie went with the radiation zombies explanation, but that might be a long shot :troll:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Randomly watched the cheesy horror movie they made about this that was on Amazon, I think, and went down the rabbit hole after.
From what I remember the best most can guess is that they suffered from some sort of hypothermia induced psychoses...which i guess is a thing...because they clawed out of their tents and abandoned camp without their cold weather gear. But they also had evidence of blunt force trauma, which could be from an avalanche, or possibly a wild animal attack?

The movie went with the radiation zombies explanation, but that might be a long shot :troll:

pretty sure I saw that one at one point

:mjlol:

At the same time should we expect someone from the Snow and Avalanche Simulation Laboratory at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in Switzerland to conclude anything other that avalanche?

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
pretty sure I saw that one at one point

:mjlol:

At the same time should we expect someone from the Snow and Avalanche Simulation Laboratory at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in Switzerland to conclude anything other that avalanche?
Wasnt their camp generally intact? Makes it hard to see how they were desperately running from an avalanche that they could have just waited out in their tents....unless they panicked, which is definitely possible.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Wasnt their camp generally intact? Makes it hard to see how they were desperately running from an avalanche that they could have just waited out in their tents....unless they panicked, which is definitely possible.

Yeah, there’s even photos of it! I’ve read a few places that the photos could’ve been staged possibly. But the photos were put forwards as how they found the camp. It also took more than two months to find their bodies and the camp site...

One guy in the nyt article even says an avalanche at less than a 30 degree angle is extremely rare(obviously) lol

The weird thing is that all of the possibilities put forwards lead to inconsistencies, granted an avalanche or some type of natural phenomenon is probably the closest we’ll get.

Last edited:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Yeah, there’s even photos of it! I’ve read a few places that the photos could’ve been staged possibly. But the photos were put forwards as how they found the camp. It also took more than two months to find their bodies and the camp site...

One guy in the nyt article even says an avalanche at less than a 30 degree angle is extremely rare(obviously) lol

The weird thing is that all of the possibilities put forwards lead to inconsistencies, granted an avalanche or some type of natural phenomenon is probably the closest we’ll get.
Radiation zombies :manny: