Is 30% window tint the perfect tint?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Im getting my car tinted this week and have been contemplating on what % i should go for. In MA the law is 35% tint for every window but that seems alittle light. My friend had really dark tints before and i dont want that. i just want something tinted but you can still kinda see in

Im thinking 30% will be dark but not too dark to be a cop magnet....thoughts?

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Im in MA too and got 35% all around. I would like for it to be darker but 35% looks okay. Just do whats legal breh and save you some trouble.:beli:

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Im in MA too and got 35% all around. I would like for it to be darker but 35% looks okay. Just do whats legal breh and save you some trouble.:beli:

that is a good point. 35% doesnt look bad and i dont need any problems from inspections to police.

all im really looking for is a nice tint to accent my car. 35% should do the trick huh? my car is metallic grey

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
that is a good point. 35% doesnt look bad and i dont need any problems from inspections to police.

all im really looking for is a nice tint to accent my car. 35% should do the trick huh? my car is metallic grey
Yeah I think you should just do 35%. I think it would be alright. It looks good on my car which is a tan color. Because you have a darker color car, it would probably make the tint look darker than it really is.

Daps
Reppin
MD
I live in maryland and the tint law is also 35%, but I went 20% on my car and I still think it is to light

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Jersey the law is no tints on the front windows and windshield and anything you want around back, depending on where u go around Jerz cops seldom bother you.
I live in JC and I wanted tints all around despite the law (:pacspit:)

I went in for 20% but after talking to my boy at the tint shop, I decided on 30% all around. My interior is Black and my car is Silver.

Daytime you can obviously tell it's tinted and can see shadows of the inside, but at night you can't see in. And it's cool because when ur inside you can still see like normal when ur parking and shyt. My boy had 5% all around in his TL and it was hard to parallel park at night unless you stuck your head out the widow.

I doubt they'd make a huge deal about a 5% difference in your city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk breh.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
I just got quoted $200 by some shop that does nice work. That seems kinda steep is that a bad price?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I have a double wrap of 2% on my car.
That's literally the equivalent of having your windows covered in black spray paint. Two layers of 2% equals 100% of the light being blocked. :usure:

To the OP stick with 35% if the cops are pricks where you live. It's still pretty light but it's enough to where most cops won't notice or sweat you about it. I've got 20% which is perfect to me but the cops around here don't give a damn about tint.

illadope

きんが
Daps
That's literally the equivalent of having your windows covered in black spray paint. Two layers of 2% equals 100% of the light being blocked. :usure:

To the OP stick with 35% if the cops are pricks where you live. It's still pretty light but it's enough to where most cops won't notice or sweat you about it. I've got 20% which is perfect to me but the cops around here don't give a damn about tint.

you can kinda see through it during the day but other than that aint no one lookin in :manny:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Talk to the tint shop and ask them what the law allows and go with that. They'll usually have samples of different levels of tint.

Stay away from mirror tint, even though they allow light in. It's an easy excuse for cops to pull you over. The fact that it is mirrored requires no need for the cop to have a tint meter.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Talk to the tint shop and ask them what the law allows and go with that. They'll usually have samples of different levels of tint.

Stay away from mirror tint, even though they allow light in. It's an easy excuse for cops to pull you over. The fact that it is mirrored requires no need for the cop to have a tint meter.

word. Mirror tints are fukking hideous and makes the car look tacky too

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I just got quoted $200 by some shop that does nice work. That seems kinda steep is that a bad price?

the place I went to only charged $180. It looks good and the place got good reviews from customers. :manny: