Is a Cybersecurity Certificate Worth it?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If that's Cyber security....nah...hate being in meetings all day
It’s just what I do specifically

But yes.. it is a lot of meetings. Not so much in my analyst position but in management these dudes love talking..

Oh and maybe It was just me looking in the wrong direction. Pentest will satisfy most entry level Analyst roles, Incident response roles, etc. CySA for Analyst roles as well but not sure on incident responders.

It’s not bad to have. Some roles are just more hands on than others. The role where I heard the lady say that dumb shyt was for Network engineering and she didn’t start saying stupid shyt until I told her about the salary range (in her defense, I think it was her boss that was telling her to keep trying to lowball me.

morris

Superstar
Daps
It’s just what I do specifically

But yes.. it is a lot of meetings. Not so much in my analyst position but in management these dudes love talking..

Oh and maybe It was just me looking in the wrong direction. Pentest will satisfy most entry level Analyst roles, Incident response roles, etc. CySA for Analyst roles as well but not sure on incident responders.

It’s not bad to have. Some roles are just more hands on than others. The role where I heard the lady say that dumb shyt was for Network engineering and she didn’t start saying stupid shyt until I told her about the salary range (in her defense, I think it was her boss that was telling her to keep trying to lowball me.