Is Aaliyah and Jet Li the most unrealistic movie couple in history?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I did see this in theaters and it was a pretty bad movie, despite everything it had. Just like a cliched thriller, without much real style or sense of self.
I thought the opposite on that it was all style and little substance. The sense of self thing tho...eh...maybe. As others have said, the movie was perennially a 2000's style of movie and it did have that slew of other movies right behind them that was extremely similar in style, tone, subset of actors, etc.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought the opposite on that it was all style and little substance. The sense of self thing tho...eh...maybe. As others have said, the movie was perennially a 2000's style of movie and it did have that slew of other movies right behind them that was extremely similar in style, tone, subset of actors, etc.

Better way to phrase that, was it wasn't stylish or deep enough to establish it's self. It was, as you note, a very very formulaic type of movie, lets throw in an R&B star, an Asian star, riding the wave of mid to late 90's Asian cinema, Jackie Chan, John Woo, and Jet Li. Lets throw in a rap star, DMX, and a rap soundtrack.

It doesn't have the visuals of a movie like Only God Forgives or Belly or the grit of something like Sugar Hill, or Above the Rim, it was a lot closer to Exit Wounds lol

but it's been 20 years since I last saw

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Better way to phrase that, was it wasn't stylish or deep enough to establish it's self. It was, as you note, a very very formulaic type of movie, lets throw in an R&B star, an Asian star, riding the wave of mid to late 90's Asian cinema, Jackie Chan, John Woo, and Jet Li. Lets throw in a rap star, DMX, and a rap soundtrack.

It doesn't have the visuals of a movie like Only God Forgives or Belly or the grit of something like Sugar Hill, or Above the Rim, it was a lot closer to Exit Wounds lol

but it's been 20 years since I last saw
Exit Wounds was another one of it's copies, so...

Daps
i'm convinced natalie portman is a closet dike in real life. She never has any chemistry with her male leads in any of the films shes done.
She need to just play a lesbian in all her future roles.
hahahaha oh man I always thought something was weird with her.