Is any settled law/case safe with this current supreme court

Jalether

Superstar
Daps

I saw this joke on twitter and if you told me one day scotus would revisit, voting rights act,Roe V wade
affirmative action et al I would have laughed it off as well considering society is suppose to become
more progressive with time but this SCOTUS are hell bent on taking the country back to the dark ages:gucci:

So I ask this honestly, Is any settled law/case safe with this scotus or is there even any settled law
apart from the 2nd ammendment ofcourse in the eyes of this fascist scotus

The koch and heritage foundation are getting their money's worth:francis:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Citizens United is safe, id say :troll:
Seriously, though, Roe v Wade was on shaky ground from the start, and affirmative action will always be under fire.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I fully expect Trump or a stand in to win in 2024 and wrap this whole American democracy project up.

The only thing that stops a Republican controlled 3 branches of government from turning the lights off is that they wouldn’t know where to get their pay checks from.

I’m still not sure why they want to overthrow a government that they own. Maybe Mitch will explain how it works at their next meeting.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fully expect Trump or a stand in to win in 2024 and wrap this whole American democracy project up.

The only thing that stops a Republican controlled 3 branches of government from turning the lights off is that they wouldn’t know where to get their pay checks from.

I’m still not sure why they want to overthrow a government that they own. Maybe Mitch will explain how it works at their next meeting.
The way things have gone the last 30 years, this democracy has been a failure.
What's the point of democracy when public opinion has no impact on US law? (source: Study: Congress literally doesn’t care what you think)

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Liberals act too petty and let these dudes have their way then complain about the consequences.

Republicans already said theyd block Biden picks again in the last year of his Presidency.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any of the decisions that can be used as a cudgel against progressive legal change is safe. So cases like Citizens United, Iqbal, and Lyons will be fine, plus any of the criminal justice decisions (considering those are almost always negative).

Also, Plessy v. Ferguson, has never been explicitly overturned :patrice: