Is Anybody In The Insurance Industry?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
1. What’s your role and do you enjoy it?
2. Can you see yourself leveling up within your company?
3. Does your role give you access to travel across the country?

don’t have to answer those specific questions, but I want y’all opinions on being in this career field.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
1. What’s your role and do you enjoy it?
2. Can you see yourself leveling up within your company?
3. Does your role give you access to travel across the country?

don’t have to answer those specific questions, but I want y’all opinions on being in this career field.

I currently work as a bodily injury adjuster. Think injury settlement payouts. I enjoy it because I'm a busy body and there's alot of work in claims so days go by fast

Leveling up in claims is always available.
There are various tiers as your exp progress.
For example,l under the liability track it goes like this.

Trainee -> Liaibility Adjuster -> Unrepresented Bodily Injury -> Attorney Rep. Adjuster & Casualty Adjuster,
Then you have more experienced roles such as Litigation(might need a JD or law experience but not required) and Large Loss(think fatality, dismemberment, car crash pile ups)
With each progression is a promotion/pay raise.

Then you have Special Investigation Unit track. Think Fraud prevention you start as a level 1 investigator handling low level referrals and this leads up on the higher levels to organized crime/crime ring investigators. Usually folks here have law enforcement exp. These folks are always I'm the field , they watch body shops, injury fraud suspects, and also investigate fraudulent medical providers. They work directly with police and government agencies.

Then you have the property damage adjusters( auto & property) these are usually all field positions so you are traveling within your city. Both these roles have an opportunity to travel across country during catastrophic events( hurricane, tornado, etc)

Auto track ( Write estimates. Total losses, negotiate with repair shops)

Trainee-> Auto damage 1 -> Seniror Auto adjuster -> Reinspector - Regional Reinspector(state to state usually) then mgmt track.

Property Damage( Homes) I have zero clue on this as these roles usually require construction exp but they do train from 0. All I know is they appraise homes. These folks usually are always called during tornado, hurricane season to travel the country.

Claims tend to pay more on average than most entry level jobs with just a bachelor degree.

High turnover between 1-3 years.

Old workforce at the senior levels. Alot of retirement. As if now insurance companies are experiencing a vacuum with all the retirements and alot of folks are getting promoted up.

This isn't a glamorous job but it pays okay and you are going to learn alot. It opens up experience in law , auto repair/body shop mgmt, and investigation.

But it's not just claims.
There's alot of data in insurance crunched every day, so think data analytics, IT, legal/council (insurance are always dealing with suits).

I wrote alot because most people look down on the insurance field and you took an interest.

d3koms

Rookie
Daps
I currently work as a bodily injury adjuster. Think injury settlement payouts. I enjoy it because I'm a busy body and there's alot of work in claims so days go by fast

Leveling up in claims is always available.
There are various tiers as your exp progress.
For example,l under the liability track it goes like this.

Trainee -> Liaibility Adjuster -> Unrepresented Bodily Injury -> Attorney Rep. Adjuster & Casualty Adjuster,
Then you have more experienced roles such as Litigation(might need a JD or law experience but not required) and Large Loss(think fatality, dismemberment, car crash pile ups)
With each progression is a promotion/pay raise.

Then you have Special Investigation Unit track. Think Fraud prevention you start as a level 1 investigator handling low level referrals and this leads up on the higher levels to organized crime/crime ring investigators. Usually folks here have law enforcement exp. These folks are always I'm the field , they watch body shops, injury fraud suspects, and also investigate fraudulent medical providers. They work directly with police and government agencies.

Then you have the property damage adjusters( auto & property) these are usually all field positions so you are traveling within your city. Both these roles have an opportunity to travel across country during catastrophic events( hurricane, tornado, etc)

Auto track ( Write estimates. Total losses, negotiate with repair shops)

Trainee-> Auto damage 1 -> Seniror Auto adjuster -> Reinspector - Regional Reinspector(state to state usually) then mgmt track.

Property Damage( Homes) I have zero clue on this as these roles usually require construction exp but they do train from 0. All I know is they appraise homes. These folks usually are always called during tornado, hurricane season to travel the country.

Claims tend to pay more on average than most entry level jobs with just a bachelor degree.

High turnover between 1-3 years.

Old workforce at the senior levels. Alot of retirement. As if now insurance companies are experiencing a vacuum with all the retirements and alot of folks are getting promoted up.

This isn't a glamorous job but it pays okay and you are going to learn alot. It opens up experience in law , auto repair/body shop mgmt, and investigation.

But it's not just claims.
There's alot of data in insurance crunched every day, so think data analytics, IT, legal/council (insurance are always dealing with suits).

I wrote alot because most people look down on the insurance field and you took an interest.

what do i need to do to get into the field, is there a cert i need to pass? let me know breh, i am interested in this type of work.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
what do i need to do to get into the field, is there a cert i need to pass? let me know breh, i am interested in this type of work.
Entry level is usually bachelors degree with some work exp.

No degree and 4-5 years work exp.

Depending on your state you may required to get a claims adjuster license which the company usually sponsors you.

Interviews are your typical star format.

All I can say is start now and look up claims adjuster on indeed. There are always openings on the trainee level