Daps
Reppin
LDN

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If you wanna start learning Azure, this dude is the equivalent to Adrian Cantrill when it comes to certs. I'm gonna be on this soon since it's a good idea to have multi cloud expertise.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you wanna start learning Azure, this dude is the equivalent to Adrian Cantrill when it comes to certs. I'm gonna be on this soon since it's a good idea to have multi cloud expertise.

Ill definitely look into it

I could've got Azure Fundamentals awhile back but had to leave the place that was giving us vouchers. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to deal with microsoft anymore

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I only use the knowledge to audit clients :manny: It was worth it to me. I am going to re-up since they are expiring. I will only do the AWS Security and GCP Security this time around because really.
I really only got the cert to fluff up my resume and be more marketable for IT jobs in general.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ill definitely look into it

I could've got Azure Fundamentals awhile back but had to leave the place that was giving us vouchers. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to deal with microsoft anymore

Honestly, employers care way more for projects than certs because they're proof you actually know the stuff rather than simply passing an exam. Nothing wrong with getting certs, but there's more value in these in depth courses for the knowledge and to be more capable on the job and keep up with the competition.

I'm interested in learning some google cloud too, but I'm not gonna go all out with it since the demand is way less than AWS/Azure.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Honestly, employers care way more for projects than certs because they're proof you actually know the stuff rather than simply passing an exam. Nothing wrong with getting certs, but there's more value in these in depth courses for the knowledge and to be more capable on the job and keep up with the competition.

I'm interested in learning some google cloud too, but I'm not gonna go all out with it since the demand is way less than AWS/Azure.
It depends on what you do as for “projects”

Not many projects in cyber security, networking, etc.

Problem is most people (at least on here) think that coding is everything in IT and it really isnt.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It depends on what you do as for “projects”

Not many projects in cyber security, networking, etc.

Problem is most people (at least on here) think that coding is everything in IT and it really isnt.

The 'Cloud' is really just a combination of all those things so you can do projects that cover all of that anyway.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Sure… not everything is in the cloud though. In fact, some companies are even scaling back from cloud

True. Some companies are going back to on-premises but so many more are also moving to the cloud so that's my focus. Employers who are technical will know a good cloud engineer will know most or all of those things.