is big l the only mc to ever smoke jay-z twice in rapping

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah, Jay really didn't have a style that equaled showstopping verses early on. Even when he was exchanging verses with Biggie and later Beans with quotables all around, the others often had a more domineering delivery that commanded more attention. It wasn't until Jay was like 15-years deep with that semi-jaded veteran El Padrino style that it had its own weight to it like on Three Kings or Light Up with Drake.

Of course it's like 2:47 and I'm just talking out my ass. :manny:
nah

way too far. Jay had that flow by vol 2.

Daps
nah

way too far. Jay had that flow by vol 2.

He had it his whole career. My point is that it didn't have the weight behind it that comes with years until much later where he can show out despite not over-exerting himself like a professor emeritus among fresh graduates.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Yeah, Jay really didn't have a style that equaled showstopping verses early on. Even when he was exchanging verses with Biggie and later Beans with quotables all around, the others often had a more domineering delivery that commanded more attention. It wasn't until Jay was like 15-years deep with that semi-jaded veteran El Padrino style that it had its own weight to it like on Three Kings or Light Up with Drake.

nah. its just that the rappers he does songs with now are weak.

you cant compare drake & them to juggernauts like beanie siegal & big lamont.