Is community college as ****ty as people say?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I want to go to a four year school eventually, but I would have to go to a 2 year school first because I wasn't on a four year school track in HS

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea it's ass. It's just like high-school. But it is a great way to get your gen-eds out of the way without spending a shyt-ton of money. But you'll be missing out on a true college experience for those first 2 years.

I got dismissed from a university after my first year cause my grades were ass. ASS!!! I spent the next semester at a junior college trying to get credits so I could get back in and lemme tell you brehs I have never been more embarrassed in my life to be on a jr college campus. It's really no comparison, but again, it can be a good stepping stone.

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
There's a general anti-intellectual attitude found at most community colleges, and the student body is less likely to participate in extra curricular activities or parties, but if you perform
Well in CC you can usually transfer your credits to any four year 4 degree program and fast track to the 2nd or 3rd year at a fraction of the cost.

As a general word of advice, form a bond with students who share similar goals as you (I.e going to university afterwards) and start a study group with them, because there are a lot of people who go to CC that don't give one shyt about being there. The last thing you'd want is to be grouped with those underachievers because there are a lot of group assignments I'm CC, more so than HS.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is nothing wrong with community college. I went to community college for 2 years before transferring to a 4 years university.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yeah it is, but once you do those 2 years and get 2 more at an estblished 4 year school. Its not like your Degree is gonna say "Community College" on it.

I know alot people had too much pride to go to a CC but they didn't finish at their 4 year school and still have a shytload of debt from student loans...

Prez2032

Pro
Daps
Barack Obama went to a community college the first two years and look where he is now. Bruh it aint about how u start its how u finish. Just make sure to get them books and grind in those first two years. You'll come into a university with a great gpa and have your last two years take it a lil easier. Not coasting but you'll have enough leeway to chill out a lil bit.

Olivia Pope

Banned
Daps
Reppin
City of Peace of Mind
Community college is the smartest/cheapest route to go. It will save you plenty of money to take all of your general courses at a community college and then transfer over to a 4 year. I'm attending a community college right now and I will be transferring next year. Best idea I ever made. I wish I listened to my mother years ago before going to a private for profit university and going to a community college instead.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I want to go to a four year school eventually, but I would have to go to a 2 year school first because I wasn't on a four year school track in HS

Education is what you make it. If you lack work ethic and goals. Don't matter if you go to a 4 yr or a 2 yr.

Save the $$$$ and go to a 2 year.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
if you learn a worthwhile trade, you could end making a lot more than a lot of university grads.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
depenmds on where you live. The CC's in Dallas are WAY better now than they were when I was there.

It's "cool" now