Is grad school worth the price? these prices :scust:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
The programs I want to get into but was denied :mjcry:.

GA Tech $10K for an online masters in analytics but it seems like the whole damn world is trying to get in.

This other program I am looking into is University of Arizona, $40K dollars for a masters..The pros, I know most of the materials already...the cons a $40,000 bill.

This $40,000 could go towards a damn house..or travel and enjoy life or something.

The fukk wrong with these schools man :hhh:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Analytics like Business Intelligence, Data Science, and Machine Learning? I just go to Udacity for about 1/10th of the cost. Same education from the base comparisons I've made.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
This is my general consensus with graduate school. If you cannot currently afford to pay it out of pocket you are already moving bad in your field.
If you already have student loans which are a struggle to pay for it's a bad move currently.

Only go for your masters if your needs are being met and you are capable of working and going to school.

You can get certs in data science. I'd rather you focus on that while working and then see if school is worth the extra effort.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Analytics like Business Intelligence, Data Science, and Machine Learning? I just go to Udacity for about 1/10th of the cost. Same education from the base comparisons I've made.

That's what upsets me about the price tag of education. The fact that the same material is available for a self motivated self learner to learn. It's crazy lol.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I won't tell you yes or no but these academic prices/ease of access to student loans ain't just set that way for no reason :francis:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you pay $40k, would your salary increase by $40k or more when it's said and done? That's how I justify it. Try University of MD, University College (UMUC). Mostly online, caters to a lot of working adults and veterans, and it's accredited.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
if you pay $40k, would your salary increase by $40k or more when it's said and done? That's how I justify it. Try University of MD, University College (UMUC). Mostly online, caters to a lot of working adults and veterans, and it's accredited.

Well, the company I work for would pay 30K of it. It's not really the price that bothers me. It's the fact if they pay for it, they don't have to give me that big raise a Data Science masters would bring. I think my game plan will be to start the program then hopefully swtich to another company after 1 or 2 semesters. That way I am not on the hook for more bread.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, the company I work for would pay 30K of it. It's not really the price that bothers me. It's the fact if they pay for it, they don't have to give me that big raise a Data Science masters would bring. I think my game plan will be to start the program then hopefully swtich to another company after 1 or 2 semesters. That way I am not on the hook for more bread.

Do you owe the any time after they pay for your degree? If so, do your time and then leave that company. :manny: Plus two years is a good amount of time to get things straight, line up some companies to work for, do some networking, make some connections or whatever. $10k of your own money isn't a bad investment at all.