Is Mavs-Thunder the new NBA rivalry?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Let's look at this:

1. The teams are close in distance, and of course there's a natural TX/OK rivalry with the two.

2. Almost every game during LAST years playoff series went down to the wire. Nearly every game the two played during this season came down to the wire. The first two games of this series are the same way.

Of course in todays NBA there's no fighting or rough stuff allowed, but other than that element, this is a classic rivalry already.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If the Mavs win both games at home I'll cosign this

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If they go to a game 7 this year or meet again next year it would be official.

Fckumeen

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Over There...
kobepierce.jpg

:jawalrus:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
It's unfortunate that the Mavs are so old or this could be a rivalry for many years to come. And if D. Will comes in next year the rivalry will be :krs:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
If only Dirk were like 5 years younger...I think they're at too different parts ends of their championship window for it to be a true rivalry...if this series were the conference finals instead of the first round for instance...but maybe Deron comes to Dallas next season and they meet up in the playoffs again

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its becoming one.. Obviously the Thunder are still kinda new to playoff scene.

But if you look at all the playoff games between this 2 up to this point damn near every game has been good and close.

If dallas can stay good in the next 4-5 years as they start losing some of their older guys I think it will be a nice rivalry

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
nah i don't think so. the thing is with the mavs, most of their games are competitive b/c they can't get consistent defensive stops and are one dimensional on offense. b/c of this the other team is always capable of a comeback and close games.

also a lot of teams feel they can still punk the mavs, which leads to a lot of physical play. you've seen this type of play with a lot of the mavs past playoff series.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
^^^^^

That "punk the Mavs" stuff died last year when Tyson came to the team, and DeShawn, and Dirk stepped up.

Only problem with the Mavs right now, is they're missing that one player. They need that fearless rebounder. They win BOTH of those first two games if they had a great rebounder like Tyson.

Daps
I wouldn't call it the new NBA rivalry, but they def play each other tough and have had some classic games. Give me 4 or 5 more games like the 1st 2 and last year, then we'll talk.

Like somebody else said though, this Mavs team is too old to have a real rivalry with OKC. They'll either be rebuilding soon, or signing a couple new big name guys to build around. And who knows if they will still have battles like these teams do

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
^^^^^

That "punk the Mavs" stuff died last year when Tyson came to the team, and DeShawn, and Dirk stepped up.

Only problem with the Mavs right now, is they're missing that one player. They need that fearless rebounder. They win BOTH of those first two games if they had a great rebounder like Tyson.

:wtf: they have marion

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
^^^^^

idk breh, i think they fought back last season but this year so far you can tell the thunder are trying to punk dirk now that the enforcer (chandler and deshawn) are gone. also we got to be real with ourselves, a certain percentage of players will always feel like they can get physical with Dirk simply b/c he's white.