Is The OG Spider-Man Trilogy The GOAT For 2000's Era Nostalgia?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I would say the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy didn't age particularly well but one thing they are amazing for is a slice of 2000's era nostalgia....it just really captures that decade really well, for better and for worse. the 2000's era superhero films had a cheesiness to them that is just so damn charming & wholesome :banderas:

I'm watching all 3 again and having a ball :popcorn:they don't make Superhero flicks like this anymore

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy didn't age particularly well but one thing they are amazing for is a slice of 2000's era nostalgia....it just really captures that decade really well, for better and for worse. the 2000's era superhero films had a cheesiness to them that is just so damn charming & wholesome :banderas:

I'm watching all 3 again and having a ball :popcorn:they don't make Superhero flicks like this anymore

I agree with 99% of what you said. I’m curious as to why you say it didn’t age well.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There have the right amount of drama and tension to go with the cheese. You compare to say those Fantastic Four movies and that was overboard on the cheese and not acted well at all..

The Spider-Man joints had the right balance for that era.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
There have the right amount of drama and tension to go with the cheese. You compare to say those Fantastic Four movies and that was overboard on the cheese and not acted well at all..

The Spider-Man joints had the right balance for that era.
X-Men 1 and 2 had the better tone for me