Is there a way to play PC games on my mac?

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
I'm looking at programs such as VMware and Parallels Desktop which allow me to run windows on my mac if I understand correctly, would it be possible to play windows games then too?

i'm lost brehs, any info would help.:yeshrug:

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
Ok so I dont have a physical copy of windows, what if i downloaded windows off a torrent, would that work?

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Look into Wineskin. You can play using the method you're trying (VMWare.Parallels/Boot Camp), but I think Wineskin is easier, providing you can find a wrapper for the game you want (will make more sense as you look into it). You don't have to run Windows at all, and it (usually) runs like a regular program.

Of course, you'll need a copy of the game you wanna play. A good site to check out is this one. This guy creates wrappers for all different kinds of games. There's obviously lots of places to look for wrappers, but that site is good place to start.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Just use bootcamp breh, Macs can fukks with intel since 2006 or so and you've got no reason to go for emulation as it just adds an extra layer of abstraction and lessens performance compared to something such as bootcamp.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Bootcamp

Plus if u on torrents u can get skins that'll work for many pc games.. havent used em tho.

Diablo 3 is Mac compatible straight out the box :win:

Ok so I dont have a physical copy of windows, what if i downloaded windows off a torrent, would that work?

Make sure u disable that windows genuine update when u download that windows iso from torrents.