Is Verzus over?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Verzuz could be a running tour series as well. Y'all so quick to throw away an intellectual property that is established like it no longer has value. This is how corporations win. Ideas don't die. Nothing is finished it can be retooled and reintroduced.

...they sold it to a corporation, before taking it back. And if it goes into touring, another corporation will be involved. The corporation is going to win regardless because they have the capital to make it work. Which is why "Versuz" as we know it is dead. And as has been pointed out many times, why would major artists sign on for a Versuz tour instead of touring themselves or joining a festival that pays more? Lovers & Friends is kicking as s on the "black festival" tip, so is Essence Fest. Dunno about you but I seriously doubt Versuz goes that route without Swizz and Tim taking wild amounts of $$$ off the top, while thinking they can get their friends to tour for lower rates lol.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Perkins, post: 51653305, member: 3047"]
...they sold it to a corporation, before taking it back. And if it goes into touring, another corporation will be involved. The corporation is going to win regardless because they have the capital to make it work. Which is why "Versuz" as we know it is dead. And as has been pointed out many times, why would major artists sign on for a Versuz tour instead of touring themselves or joining a festival that pays more? Lovers & Friends is kicking as s on the "black festival" tip, so is Essence Fest. Dunno about you but I seriously doubt Versuz goes that route without Swizz and Tim taking wild amounts of $$$ off the top, while thinking they can get their friends to tour for lower rates lol.
[/QUOTE]
Why

Because presentation matters. There's a reason the Nas and Wu tour was a 2 year success and actually grew in its second year run. They found a niche. Bundled artists with a similar audience. Increased drawing power. Played bigger venues. Booked more shows. Up their ticket prices. They would sign on for the same reason they sign on to a festival. Triller has broadcasting rights. Verzuz team still retain direction of brand. A tour would not fall under broadcast rights. Again nothing is finished. Even if they retain the property for 10 years before the do anything with it again. It's just another tool in their arsenal now. Swizz and timb never took wild amounts off the top and they have no reason to now.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I still can’t believe Swizz & Tim was able to sell it to someone for money. What did triller think they were buying?
Buying promotion for their network. They threw stupid money at everything. Including the Joe Budden podcast. Nothing is unbelievable. The idea was to use verzuz to market triller a relatively unknown company. It's really not that crazy

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
In Jamaica they do something similar called sting, where artist clash.

It would be sick to see some of today's biggest artist do but I dont think the machine will let that happen.

Drake vs ?

Lil baby vs Gunna

Future vs ?

Kanye vs ?

Lil Durk vs NBA young boy

I loved the Gucci I Jeezy, lox vs dipset, Beenie vs Bounty.

But I dead ass don't know who the biggest artist are and who should clash, my old ass is so out the loop.
:manny: