Issa Rae Calls Music Business ‘the Worst Industry I Have Come Across,’ Riddled With ‘Crooks and Crim

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
And nikkas in this thread know actually what I meant when I said that, but keep caping for this chick

More than half this board is black immigrants so they’re going to ride for their own.

You gotta read the room

Daps
I don't give a fukk how you feel about what I said unanimous internet poster :umad:

Yes you do. Why else would you use the excuse of being in a meeting then follow it up with claiming you dont give a fukk when if you really didn’t you would have said nothing in response? :lolbron:

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
One of my homies did a track for Insecure. He a young cat. A true nice nice guy. But you can tell the industry is making him jaded and skeptical of people.

That’s my only contribution to this thread.
You get jaded the deeper you go. That’s fukking facts :mjcry:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Stop signing 360 deals

If you young nikkas would listen to music/artists from before your time, you'd hear these nikkas literally telling you this shyt is fukked up
I don’t think the 360 deals of the 00s are even relevant anymore

360 were never bad anyway

the fukked up deals are the local label deals artist sign

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And nikkas in this thread know actually what I meant when I said that, but keep caping for this chick

I'm curious: what did Issa say in that clip that you find a problem with? If anything, I thought the second chick with the short hair was over the top hating on black men. Issa was just saying some hard truths: on dating apps black women are frequently on the bottom so they should expand their options

I remember not feeling The Nightly Show back when it was on, but that was an interesting talk. He shoulda leaned more into the Bill Maher style convos but with black people instead of the Daily Show copycat stuff that came off corny. He definitely would've ended up with a lot of viral moments, Twitter responses and better ratings.