It’s been true for a minute, but mainstream UK 🇬🇧 rappers are out-rapping USA 🇺🇸 rappers at this moment. Easily. 🤷‍♂️

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Its time we have this real convo… the average UK rapper thats mainstream and getting accolades, views, and spins…is more lyrical, more intentional in their raps, and is dedicated to actually doing the things that are more conventional to the core of rap music than anything most mainstream USA rappers are doing.

If you take a 25 year old UK rapper compared to a 25 year old USA rapper, the USA rapper will lose the battle, have a less impactful rap song, and frankly lave a less memorable presentation.

The only thing saving USA rappers is the gatekeepers who think the masses of USA listeners wouldn’t understand some of the slang or accents.

Guys like Fred, Potter Payper, Digga D, Nines, Stormzy, Tunde, Dave etc would wash the hottest USA rappers bar for bar right now...

its NASTY right now...

USA rappers are too focused on doing weird non-core shyt by and large. I’m not talking about Cole, Kendrick or Drake…I’m talking about everyone else.

Heres an example: Everyone around Kanye’s projects in the last 5+ years wouldn’t get oxygen as a quality artist in the UK. That how bad things have gotten right now.

I dont know if its the lack of guns, forcing them to be more creative, or frankly just learning the right lessons about rap culture and adopting the quality…but they are better trained spitters and theres more punchline deliverers than there are in the USA right now. If you want to hear a rapper with punchlines, you basically need a US artist nearing mid-30s.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
While there is certainly some interesting music being made in the UK, at the end of the day I just don’t enjoy the sound of someone with a British accent rapping.Many people I know feel the same way. It probably just sounds better to you because of its similarity to an Indian accent
Saying that “they have better punchlines” is also not the argument you think it is. Most people tired of punchline rap well over a decade ago.