It’s official, Drake > Cole > Kendrick

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
None of those were risks or left turns. UK drill is hot, he's on it. Any popping artist arrives, he's on it. Afrobeat is hot, he's on it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But none of it is daring, risky, or left. And even with the different styles it's the same Drake melody, nine times out of ten. I don't think Drake makes bad music though. I think he makes a lot of mixed to good music. But he's not pushing anything forward or taking risks. And even when you look at things historically, bigger artists than him took risks. Madonna took risks. Janet Jackson went left. Michael Jackson took risks.

I'd contend 4YEO was a risk and left turn, and for many fans it didn't work. But it was an important piece that Cole felt he had to release. Instead of doing the obvious FHD 2.0, or hopping on whatever was hot at the time. I'd also argue KOD was a risk at that time. I don't even fukk with the album outside of a few tracks but I respect the message, especially at that time....and literally everything that has happened in "the culture" since then has shown Cole was on the note.
I think 4YEO Was just bad music and lazy tbh

KOD was just weird. Kill edwards was trying to spice up the formula without paying for actual features

this is risk taking

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Where is Wale in relation to this group?

He genuinely deserves to be mentioned in the convo more than big sean imo.

wale's personality and actions outside of music just make him unlikeable, unfortunately, but idk anyone that would deny he can't rap, craft amazing albums, develop themes, write great hooks, develop and maintain both a man and woman audience, etc.

He's super underappreciated. Even his haters on social media can admit he makes good music, which is rare in music discourse nowadays where disliking a rapper or their actions is seen as minimizing their talent, audience, etc.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah...

Drake is a loser tricking kids into doing shady online crypto gambling now :mjlol:

what a fall off.