Jack Harlow To Star in ‘White Men Can’t Jump’ Reboot (Discussion Thread)

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
The house party was a 10/10, the sequels suck, the remake a 6/10.

Truth be told the first film isn't that good,maybe a 6/10. Gloria and Woody relationship is weird, and they were downtrodden in a weird way that adds nothing to the movie. Gloria is everything that is wrong in relationships, Woody is a incel, Wesley is Tariq before the podcast, but right after the art of Mackin. And you decide to remake that?

5 out of 10, at most
I don’t think the OG version of this movie is some crazy untouchable classic either imo, it’s a classic but barely it’s like KING by TI or some shyt

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This was brought down by Kenya Barris…Jack Harlow is actually a decent actor and may have found the second act to his career. He was the most charismatic, but there was no chemistry with with the rest of the cast. Sinqua was better than he was in power but he’s a pretty bad actor to me.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm not gonna be one of those people crying about old movies being remade, it is what it is :manny:

But why did they make this so low budget :gucci: shyt looks like one of those YouTube originals that they used to make :huhldup:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
joe-budden-trash.gif

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Niccas want to debate, buy me a computer, so fir now I just simply say I don't agree.

Yall want to carry the cross fir this movie, that's yall business. But this ain't a top 10 Wesley film or black film from the 90s.

It's going to be ok.
Major League (1989), New Jack City (1991), Jungle Fever (1991), Rising Sun (1993), Demolition Man (1993), Drop Zone (1995), U.S. Marshals (1998),
Blade 1
Blade 2
Murder at 1600

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Haven’t Watched The Fresh Prince Remake, White Men Can’t Jump Remake, House Party Remake,None Of Theses Wack Ass Nostalgia Money Grabs

Fresh Prince is far enough removed from the OG that it's can be seen as it's own thing.

You can compare storylines/characters if you want but the new takes on them are so unique that you kind of just forget about it and watch the show. I was not expecting to be as comfortable with it as I have been so far.

This shyt though? I refuse lol, I love the origonal flick, can't stand Jack Harlow.