Daps
Da

:ohhh:Have to look into that where did you get that info from
Just research:
Jamaican Maroons - Wikipedia
Afro-Surinamese - Wikipedia
Afro-Jamaican - Wikipedia
Ashanti–Fante War - Wikipedia
At the time, the British were the traditional European allies of the Fante, whereas the Dutch sided with the Ashanti.
Jamaican Maroon spirit-possession language - Wikipedia
Jamaican Maroon spirit-possession language, Maroon Spirit language, Jamaican Maroon Creole or Deep patwa is a ritual language and formerly mother tongue of Jamaican Maroons. It is an English-based creole with a strong Akan component, specifically from the Asante language of the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
Jamaican Patois - Wikipedia
Jamaican Patois, known locally as Patois (Patwa or Patwah) and called Jamaican Creole by linguists, is an English-based creole language with West Africaninfluences (a majority of loan words of Akan origin)[4] spoken primarily in Jamaica and the Jamaican diaspora; it is spoken by the majority of Jamaicans as a native language.
Akan people - Wikipedia
Akan culture can also be found in the New World. A number of Akans were taken as captives to the Americas. Roughly ten-percent of all slave ships embarked from the Gold Coast. The Akan’s economy primary source of wealth was gold. However as wars culminated in the region the capture and sale of Akan people into the slave trade peaked during the Fante and Ashanti conflicts (as both sides sold a large number of their captives) as prisoners of war. Akan conflicts led to a high number of military captives being sold into slavery known then as "Coromantee". These soldiers and other Akan captives were notorious for a large number of slave revolts and plantation resistance tactics. These captives were feared throughout the Americas so much so that we can see their legacy within groups such as the Maroons of the Caribbean and South America.

the Akan people were one of the predominant groups sent to the English and Dutch speaking Caribbean

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My grandmother on my mom side was maroon only met her once she had a house in the mountains crazy so I have Akan ansectry dope

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Crazy thing is im from suriname and I can understand them:ohhh:

Creepy how similar it is to Sranan Tongo :ohhh:

These videos tie it all together.
05:37 of the 2nd video, the brother from Ghana goes to the Kromanti-Maroons in Surinam and they’re able to understand eachother and communicate:obama::ohlawd:
@MarrieGotBandzzz :blessed:

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
My fam got a house in the mountains. It’s crazy that you will travel through the thinniest roads go up the steepest hills... pass by shack after shack then see mansions. :wow: