Jaz-O – Overcoming Financial Struggles & Dark Period In My Life (247HH EXCL)

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but that’s the problem. It might be too late in today’s music world. He not picking up any new fans.

jay z should’ve looked out for him back in the late 90’s. He gave him a 1/2 a 16 on one song and that’s it.

He will probably have to go the Cormega route or a similar path. He was always a dope MC and ahead of his time. Maybe he can learn to produce music for other artists as well :manny:

I briefly mentioned this before but I have not dwelled on it because Coli may label me a Jay hater which I certainly am not. I dont know their relationship personally, but people are saying that Jay hooked him up and I dont see any evidence of the sort. Roc Nation owns EQ Distro and Jaz signed with them. I dont think Jay put him on, he basically just approved or sent him over. He couldve gotten a distro deal with anyone. Empire isnt turning anyone down. So basically, Jaz has to do a lot of work on his end and hope that EQ can give him a boost. The Roc affiliation definitely helps as people looked at is as a reach back, but again, he isnt signed to RN which some seem to be confused about. Also, that photo of them in Chicago was :patrice:because Jaz had his arm around Jay but Jay wasnt even embracing him back. I just thought it was a way for Jay to get credit for helping him out without really doing much. :hubie: Jaz dont have to be out front, there are artists out there he could be writing and producing for. He was a talented enough singer to get offers on R&B contracts back in the day. I want to see him win, but as you say, its an uphill battle from here on out and Cormega has built a solid following because he wasnt laying dormant all these past few years.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Jay Z offered him a deal on Rocafella but he wanted more money (ended up with no money)

Wow.

Did he do anything else in his career not considered a good move?

Having 2 baby mother's mot paying child support can eat up a man's paycheck.

That's why instead of all this "I'm fukking your bytch/ I got 50 girls" rap should be replaced by some sort of education of relationships.

Jay Z has a crazy rhyme "Victim of a single parent" I would have loved to have grown up with two parents.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I briefly mentioned this before but I have not dwelled on it because Coli may label me a Jay hater which I certainly am not. I dont know their relationship personally, but people are saying that Jay hooked him up and I dont see any evidence of the sort. Roc Nation owns EQ Distro and Jaz signed with them. I dont think Jay put him on, he basically just approved or sent him over. He couldve gotten a distro deal with anyone. Empire isnt turning anyone down. So basically, Jaz has to do a lot of work on his end and hope that EQ can give him a boost. The Roc affiliation definitely helps as people looked at is as a reach back, but again, he isnt signed to RN which some seem to be confused about. Also, that photo of them in Chicago was :patrice:because Jaz had his arm around Jay but Jay wasnt even embracing him back. I just thought it was a way for Jay to get credit for helping him out without really doing much. :hubie: Jaz dont have to be out front, there are artists out there he could be writing and producing for. He was a talented enough singer to get offers on R&B contracts back in the day. I want to see him win, but as you say, its an uphill battle from here on out and Cormega has built a solid following because he wasnt laying dormant all these past few years.

Cool.

"Laying dormant" and jail time I found to be rap career killers. Unless someone is disciplined.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow.

Did he do anything else in his career not considered a good move?

Having 2 baby mother's mot paying child support can eat up a man's paycheck.

That's why instead of all this "I'm fukking your bytch/ I got 50 girls" rap should be replaced by some sort of education of relationships.

Jay Z has a crazy rhyme "Victim of a single parent" I would have loved to have grown up with two parents.

that ball was mostly in Dame's court I believe, people put a lot on Jay because it was his boy. from how Jaz described it, i wouldnt say it was a bad move. he wasnt comfortable with it, and rightfully so. now, that could have increased his visibility if he didnt get shelved or anything and couldve kept his career more on track until he couldve gotten to a better place, but I wouldnt say by turning that deal down he threw away fame and fortune. He is supposed to be writing a book but its not going to step on any toes, for one he is in good with Jay now and two, its not that much in his character I dont believe. if he told the real story, it wouldnt paint Rocafella in a very good light based on the snippets I heard him speak on in the past.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What's the Cormega path? What did Mega do?

Mega wrote a book, and tried to do collabs with other artists.

But Mega was also younger.

Honestly, he should've tried to patch things up with Jay Z a long time ago. They squashed their beef and he actually signed to Roc Nation last year. But it was way past overdue.

I just don't see how he can make money off of being an artist at this point.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Jay Z offered him a deal on Rocafella but he wanted more money (ended up with no money)

They offered him 300k. He wanted more. But the caveat was it was when Rocafella was just starting and thats all they could afford.

Jaz O wasn't a new artist and didn't want to be signed like one. That's hustling backwards.

He didn't up signing with another record label. Who knew Rocafella would blow up :manny:

Crumple

All Star
Daps

Honestly, he should've tried to patch things up with Jay Z a long time ago. They squashed their beef and he actually signed to Roc Nation last year. But it was way past overdue.

Word.

Another messed up thing is the space between albums

To your soul - 1990
Kingz Kounty - 2002
12 year gap

The warm up - 2020
18 year gap

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
They offered him 300k. He wanted more. But the caveat was it was when Rocafella was just starting and thats all they could afford.

Jaz O wasn't a new artist and didn't want to be signed like one. That's hustling backwards.

He didn't up signing with another record label. Who knew Rocafella would blow up :manny:

If you have one and only one offer on the table and it's 300k, you gotta take it. Being stubborn had your ass being 55 on the train looking like a sad old dog

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fans will rock with anything they enjoy listening to. I never thought that junkies would have such a big voice in the rap game, but here we are. I never thought a well known snitch would be one of the most popular rappers in the game, but here we are. What is so unreasonable about people listening to an older rapper?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Fans will rock with anything they enjoy listening to. I never thought that junkies would have such a big voice in the rap game, but here we are. I never thought a well known snitch would be one of the most popular rappers in the game, but here we are. What is so unreasonable about people listening to an older rapper?

snitch9 is only 24.

And the mumble/junkie rap appeals to people who represent the majority of fans.

Jay Z can switch it up because his legacy is solidified.

Eric Sermon dropped an album last year and there was an 11 year gap between 2 of his albums. But EPMD's name still rings out and he has tons of production credits in his categlog.

DJ Premier is a DJ so he can tour well into his 60's if he wants.

Jaz O can't make it in the music world just putting out albums as an artist. Being marketable is just as important as the music. Just look at how long they sat on Jay Electronica's work.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real shyt. Life humbles all of us. Even if you fall, you gotta get back up even if you have no feet to get up on.

• Dap
Reactions: UG.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
snitch9 is only 24.

And the mumble/junkie rap appeals to people who represent the majority of fans.

Jay Z can switch it up because his legacy is solidified.

Eric Sermon dropped an album last year and there was an 11 year gap between 2 of his albums. But EPMD's name still rings out and he has tons of production credits in his categlog.

DJ Premier is a DJ so he can tour well into his 60's if he wants.

Jaz O can't make it in the music world just putting out albums as an artist. Being marketable is just as important as the music. Just look at how long they sat on Jay Electronica's work.

I was a big Erik Sermon fan but when I learned he jumped out a window because he dealt with another man's wife that bothered me. It was an L my eyes.

Edit - supposedly. The police report said he jumped out a window, his label said car accident. Inconsistencies all over. That's the part I didn't like which was an L.

11 year gap? Wow. I never even heard his whole new album.

The Jimi Hendrix watchtower track was dope.

Could he not have produced Redman's Muddy Waters 2, 3, 4, and 5 in 11 years?

Whatever, it_s none of my say.

I believe it could have been done.

At least Muddy 2 - all produced by Sermon.

Rap careers and time scary.

You can never be too careful/aware.

Time fukking flies!

Bless.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Jaz sealed his fate as a C lister, by not signing that contract. He would never be big, but he could have had a Joe Budden esque rap career, and made a few hundred thousand, and set a life up for himself. Sold gold and done a tour.

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
I have the video when he was siding with dehaven and top gunna calling jigga a snitch.

Jigga felt sorry for him I guess and looked out. He changed his tune. Cool

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have one and only one offer on the table and it's 300k, you gotta take it. Being stubborn had your ass being 55 on the train looking like a sad old dog

That sad old dog is still alive and putting out quality art. I would never dikkride one of these brainless kid rappers just to feel like I fit in. That's not the type of thing grown men are supposed to be doing.