Jermaine Dupri Responds To Puff : I’m in the Songwriters Hall Of Fame, Something He can’t pay for”

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clipse
Jay
Busta
Snoop
Nelly
Mase
Kendrick
Fab
Nore

Yeah, JD getting washed on the rap side

On the r&b side...Pharrell can pull out Frontin, Say Somethin, U Don't Have To Call, Milkshake, Use Your Heart, Girlfriend, Happy, etc...

It wouldn't be a wash on the rap side.

"Say Somethin" would lose because JD has like 3-4 better songs from that same album. "U Don't Have To Call" would be a loss too because JD has several Usher songs to pull from to counter it.

"Milkshake"? Easily countered

"Use Your Heart" could be countered with an Xscape record.

There's Jagged Edge songs and remixes that could counter those other songs.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
It wouldn't be a wash on the rap side.

"Say Somethin" would lose because JD has like 3-4 better songs from that same album. "U Don't Have To Call" would be a loss too because JD has several Usher songs to pull from to counter it.

"Milkshake"? Easily countered

"Use Your Heart" could be countered with an Xscape record.

There's Jagged Edge songs and remixes that could counter those other songs.

Rap-wise, Pharrell does the same thing to JD, but the margin is wider

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rap-wise, Pharrell does the same thing to JD, but the margin is wider

Nah, Jermaine has like 3-5 rap songs that would be competitive in Verzuz:

Kriss Kross- Jump (kiddie rap, but there's nostalgia and no matter how anyone feels about the group, the beat is legendary)

Jay Z- Money Ain't A Thang

Da Brat- Funkdafied

Dem Franchize Boyz- I Think They Like Me Remix

I doubt they will play ALL rap joints, but if it's majority rap, JD loses to a lot of producers. Keeping it R&B, JD slaughters The Neptunes.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nah, Jermaine has like 3-5 rap songs that would be competitive in Verzuz:

Kriss Kross- Jump (kiddie rap, but there's nostalgia and no matter how anyone feels about the group, the beat is legendary)

Jay Z- Money Ain't A Thang

Da Brat- Funkdafied

Dem Franchize Boyz- I Think They Like Me Remix

Pharrell has a better rap song for each of those

:mjlol:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pharrell has a better rap song for each of those

:mjlol:

I never said he didn't. Only that those songs would be competitive. It wouldn't be an automatic win depending on what he put up against them. I also forgot "Welcome To Atlanta", which would be the perfect counter to "Southern Hospitality".

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Been saying that there is an issue about what each "producer" actually did. To clear it up just address the Verzuz as "label head vs. label head". So anything under Bad Boy vs. anything under Death Row/Aftermath or So So Def. Just have fun with it because you start down that road its gonna be a lot of back and forth about who did what, egos gonna get touched and it will never happen.

nah fucc that.. there's no such thing as a "mogul" verzuz why create shyt just for Diddy Lol. Dre and JD are actual producers..

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah fucc that.. there's no such thing as a "mogul" verzuz why create shyt just for Diddy Lol. Dre and JD are actual producers..

Puff is also an actual producer. Ya'll making this into something that it's not. It's like saying when people make a fuss over Scott Storch because he can play multiple instruments, but none of that really matters because being able to play multiple instruments doesn't make someone a great producer.