Jim Jones briefly speaks on Dame Dash's apology and Mel Murda/Mel Matrix situation.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland

Jim Jones Doesn’t Acknowledge Dame Dash’s Apology

Earlier this month, Dame Dash liberated himself by apologizing to several important people in his life. Jay-Z, Lyor Cohen, Steve Stoute, Funk Flex, and Jim Jones were just some of the names he mentioned in his apology videos on Instagram.

“You know, I called Jim Jones today, and I miss him,” Dash said. “I don't know if y'all know but I miss him. As a brother, I love his family. I want him to be happy.”

Jones had a different take on Dash’s apology: He simply doesn’t want any part of it.

“I am not here for none of that,” he said. “Shout out to Dame, whatever he doing. May he continue doing what he doing. I got nothing to do with that. I’m on a whole ‘nother mission. My mission is clear. I am staying focus. Everything that been in my life I’ve been trying to get rid of everything that is not good for me, ya dig? Because it is not good for me don’t mean it is not good for somebody else. It’s just not good for me.”

Jamel "Mel Murda" Jones Is in “Good Spirits”

Jim Jones has a history with Mel Murda, who was one of the members of his group called Byrd Gang. Mel Murda is also one of the co-defendants listed in 6ix9ine’s federal racketeering case, facing a litany of charges including narcotic trafficking and intent to distribute a controlled substance.

Jones didn’t want to get into too much detail about Mel Murda, but says he is his “closest friend.”

“I’ll tell you one thing -- we’ve been living life a certain way for a long time," he explains. "And to see the hard work we put in as a whole get faded in less than a year, it is not a great feeling. But I spoke to Melly, he is in good spirits. A lion is still a lion when he in a cage. That’s what he told me. We gon’ rock out."

When asked about how he handles his artists who are caught up in the street life, Jones says he wants to pay it forward by guiding them and sharing his knowledge of the music industry.

“I’ve been one of the biggest A&Rs in hip-hop history. I put people on from the streets, from the bottom, all around in the country. And I still do every year, year in and year out, till this day,” he says. “Whether I make a dollar from them or whether I do business with them, I show artists how to put them in a place to make some money in this industry and I’ll keep doing that. ‘Cause when I was trying to get on, they told me the game is to be sold, and not told. I made some money and started telling everybody what I wanted to tell them. Get your bag. I am not hiding the bag. I want to share the bag.”

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:deadmanny: Jones is hilarious

I'm waiting for the BC interview and album run promo next month, always some laughs.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I made some money and started telling everybody what I wanted to tell them. Get your bag. I am not hiding the bag. I want to share the bag.”

Max Biggavel....said otherwise...:mjpls:

I know homie prali aint comin home on the same type time because its a different climate...but I wouldnt mind seein Max keep his foot on Jim's neck...like he was doin before he went in.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn that’s wild when you think about him saying that

They really feel like they can’t trust dame :wow: