Jim Trotter Calls Out Stephen A. Smith

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I'm not shocked or surprised by Stephen A literally throwing Goodell a pitch right over the plate. What always kills me is his piss poor excuses on why he does what he does. That's on him to reach out to you?!?! A journalist always gets 2 sides of the story if they are genuinely seeking the truth. He wasn't though he was looking to give Goodell a edge up on the case.

It's like he a butter busicuit eating boot lick in denial. He should have just responded, look I work for Disney who does big business with the NFL so it's to the best interest of his job to look out of the NFL commissioner. Be a proud boot lick. Stand ten toes in your c00ning.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That’s the problem with American journalism. There was a time where journalist cornered the head of these organizations.

There is a difference between a journalist who works for an outside entity like a newspaper and someone who works directly for you.

You can’t get tough on the facts with the person who signs your paychecks. :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There is a difference between a journalist who works for an outside entity like a newspaper and someone who works directly for you.

You can’t get tough on the facts with the person who signs your paychecks. :mjlol:
Yes you can and there are laws that protect employees from those type of happenings and retaliations.

Just because he shouldn't have called out his employer doesn't mean that he doesn't have the right to do so. Even someone like Mike Florio has direct business dealings with the league is always openly calling them out and criticizing him, yet the NFL trots him out there on TV every single week.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yes you can and there are laws that protect employees from those type of happenings and retaliations.

Just because he shouldn't have called out his employer doesn't mean that he doesn't have the right to do so. Even someone like Mike Florio has direct business dealings with the league is always openly calling them out and criticizing him, yet the NFL trots him out there on TV every single week.

The right? My man, if a company wants to get rid of your ass they can find a myriad of reasons that skirt around your rights and the law.

Are we talking real life here or theoretical law in a classroom? :dahell:

This point seems to be escaping too many folks here, Mike Florio does not work directly for the NFL. Jim Trotter worked for NFL Network which is owned by the NFL, which means THE NFL WAS HIS EMPLOYER. The NFL does not employee reporters to paint the NFL in a bad light.

It’s clear this brother did not understand what his actual job duties were, which is to ask the questions the NFL wants asked and get information they want pushed out to the public.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

I was speaking on Steven a Smith

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The right? My man, if a company wants to get rid of your ass they can find a myriad of reasons that skirt around your rights and the law.

Are we talking real life here or theoretical law in a classroom? :dahell:

This point seems to be escaping too many folks here, Mike Florio does not work directly for the NFL. Jim Trotter worked for NFL Network which is owned by the NFL, which means THE NFL WAS HIS EMPLOYER. The NFL does not employee reporters to paint the NFL in a bad light.

It’s clear this brother did not understand what his actual job duties were, which is to ask the questions the NFL wants asked and get information they want pushed out to the public.
Of course they can use a myriad of reasons, but still doesn't change the premise of my point that employees have the right to speak up without fear of retaliation just as much as employers have the right to get rid of them. Multiple things can be true at the same time.

Of course Florio doesn't work directly for the NFL, but as we've seen many times before they've punished sports networks and other outlets for speaking against them in a negative light and even had people fired for doing so.

Where Trotter is going to lose his case is that the NFL is going to point to budget cuts and the fact that other people got laid off along with him as to why it wasn't any nefarious reasons behind his firing.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Of course they can use a myriad of reasons, but still doesn't change the premise of my point that employees have the right to speak up without fear of retaliation just as much as employers have the right to get rid of them. Multiple things can be true at the same time.

Of course Florio doesn't work directly for the NFL, but as we've seen many times before they've punished sports networks and other outlets for speaking against them in a negative light and even had people fired for doing so.

Where Trotter is going to lose his case is that the NFL is going to point to budget cuts and the fact that other people got laid off along with him as to why it wasn't any nefarious reasons behind his firing.
Employees have never had the right to speak up without fear of retaliation and they dont now and never will.
You are a employee, not the owner.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Employees have never had the right to speak up without fear of retaliation and they dont now and never will.
You are a employee, not the owner.
Companies get sued for retaliation all the time and more and more employees are starting to sue for it.

I wouldn't have done what he did and didn't think he should have done it, but I'm also not going to clown him for doing so since posters on this site and social stay mentioning how racist they think that the NFL is.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Companies get sued for retaliation all the time and more and more employees are starting to sue for it.

I wouldn't have done what he did and didn't think he should have done it, but I'm also not going to clown him for doing so since posters on this site and social stay mentioning how racist they think that the NFL is.
Retaliation for specific infractions are prohibited but not for retaliation blanket

If you were to say the CEO or senior management is wrong in a meeting they could fire you to remove you from your position and that's perfectly legal.